Notices

Thread: Out !

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Oh balderdash, looks like I need a new battery.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Excellent Find Dazr , thanks for posting !

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Excellent Find Dazr , thanks for posting !

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Oh balderdash, looks like I need a new battery.
    You’re not alone,
    For the S1, I need swinger & mounting block, yokes, muffler & instrument bezel.
    All currently marooned somewhere in the lockdown ether
    Everything else is shyte

Chatterbox
    So we’ve, as motorcyclists, got quite a good deal it seems.

Just bring us back some warmer weather please mama nature
    Last edited by Last Train; 11-05-20 at 10:17 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

The old bill in Cumbria have urged people not to head to the Lake District in droves once restrictions are eased, and I’d expect that Dorset plod will be trying to dissuade a lemming-like rush to the coast as well. West Bay won’t hold many people if they maintain 2 metre social distancing (nor accommodate many parked bikes at that spacing). What people will easily forget is that nothing will be open wherever they end up; shops, pubs, restaurants et al will be closed, as will the public loos! If they’re lucky there’ll be the odd kebab van, hardly the highlight of the year’s first trip. Best stay relatively local folks, and if you see someone you know parked up, just wave and ride by.
    The MCN article makes an interesting point about bikers falling (even further) out of public favour by being slow to observe lock-down, and currently being in the good books... it won’t take long to become the public’s bad guys again if people are tearing about aggressively and throwing themselves at the scenery, and the roads are likely to be rammed - it isn’t just us who’s getting parole remember. I don’t know how many people haven’t driven much at all since lockdown began, most have been out and about locally but there’ll be a few who are properly rusty. I’ve seen some forum posts elsewhere suggesting ride-outs... that’s an absolute no-no, stick to ones and twos. I think I’ll drag the off-roader out as well, it’s a bit overdue a run...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

I see 1.1 and 1.7 as key. Specifically in 1.1, "Sunbathing" and 1.7 refers to unlimited distance.

So in my view if you stuff a mankini in your pocket and ride to John-O-Groats, as long as you cite, "Sunbathing", you are bullet proof.

That said Scotty has nailed it above, doing so would simply antagonise people and furthermore when you get where you are going you'll struggle to even find a coffee. I'm going to be a hypocrite there though on Wednesday when I finish work I'm going for a pointless ride, it'll be nice to not have to strap half a dozen tachograph downloaders to the seat as a valid reason for being out.

I can book my child in to a childminder but not her grandparents. Schools possibly back June 1st but still no grandparents...

I can open my office and spend the day with 15 people from all over the area and different households (2m distance) while we work but can't see more than 1 person at once in a park

All makes perfect sense....
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    I can book my child in to a childminder but not her grandparents. Schools possibly back June 1st but still no grandparents...

I can open my office and spend the day with 15 people from all over the area and different households (2m distance) while we work but can't see more than 1 person at once in a park

All makes perfect sense....
    Sure does... not!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

The Pythons were visionaries !