The old bill in Cumbria have urged people not to head to the Lake District in droves once restrictions are eased, and I’d expect that Dorset plod will be trying to dissuade a lemming-like rush to the coast as well. West Bay won’t hold many people if they maintain 2 metre social distancing (nor accommodate many parked bikes at that spacing). What people will easily forget is that nothing will be open wherever they end up; shops, pubs, restaurants et al will be closed, as will the public loos! If they’re lucky there’ll be the odd kebab van, hardly the highlight of the year’s first trip. Best stay relatively local folks, and if you see someone you know parked up, just wave and ride by.
The MCN article makes an interesting point about bikers falling (even further) out of public favour by being slow to observe lock-down, and currently being in the good books... it won’t take long to become the public’s bad guys again if people are tearing about aggressively and throwing themselves at the scenery, and the roads are likely to be rammed - it isn’t just us who’s getting parole remember. I don’t know how many people haven’t driven much at all since lockdown began, most have been out and about locally but there’ll be a few who are properly rusty. I’ve seen some forum posts elsewhere suggesting ride-outs... that’s an absolute no-no, stick to ones and twos. I think I’ll drag the off-roader out as well, it’s a bit overdue a run...