Notices

Thread: “Essential travel”

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    You need to make an appointment and go DIRECTLY there.

They will disinfect the bike before working on it and after.
    Fully aware - will comply completely with what is needed.

Pete

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    So.... is it wrong to take my bike for it's MoT ? I know there is a MoT extension in place, but seeing as mine expired last July it doesn't fall under that category. It's already to go, I just want it back on the road, not for any 'fun' riding, but just as another means of transport for getting to work when I can't do stuff remotely.

Pete
    iv moted 2 bikes in the last 3 weeks with no problems whatsoever and got a 3rd booked in on Monday. The hardest part was finding a garage that’s open.

I got out on my BB today had a nice little burble down to Salisbury where I got followed by a Police Marked X5 all the way to Cholderton on the way to Marlborough before they stopped at the side of the road (coincidence ?) you decide lol
    good job I was on my best behaviour, mind you first time out in 8-10 weeks so driving miss daisy time probably baffled them lol

quite a few bikes out and I saw at least 4 groups of bikes with around 6-8 riders out and about, I thought group rides were a no no ?

On a plus side I popped over to the guy that does my MOT's and he is working so able to book in the CBR, I know there is supposed to be an extension but I am not that trusting of our Gov or any MP for that matter
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

VFR is now MoT'd and Tax'd - no major issues, just picked up on a few tight points on the chain which I knew about (will get that done soon). T'was my first ride on a bike for over a year - took it gently but thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm baaaaccckkk ! Of course, will wait for when we are allow out proper again but it'll do for my odd commute that I'm doing about once a week into work now.

Pete

We went out on the trailies and went the long way round via some green lanes to collect some click & collect bolts from Screwfix Frome. Absolutely fantastic to be back out on a bike.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Message from Chief Constable Nick Adderley - NPCC Lead for Motorcycling
    Main article content
    Navigation
    News
    10:18 22/05/2020
    As the National Police Chief's Council lead for Motorcycling and BikeSafe, I thought this would be a timely reminder to explain certain restriction that exist between England and the rest of the UK.
    I would want to make the point that as a keen motorcyclist myself, the temptation to start mass ride outs and social events on the motorcycling scene is huge, however the threat still posed by COVID-19 must be respected and understood to ensure that we all comply with the guidance and regulations issued by the devolved administrations.
    The lives of our families, friends and all who enjoy the UK as a place to live, work or visit are still in the balance.
    For clarity -
    Group rides are still not allowed but if you’re in England you can ride with one friend under the following conditions:
    UK government advice applicable to England only permits exercise alone, between members of the same household or with one person from another household if you stay at least two metres apart at all times.
    All of us in the biker community need to respect that position and it’s now time to step-up and show how we are part of the solution and not the problem when it comes to containing the virus as well as protecting the NHS.
    To that end, especially with the Bank Holiday weekend approaching I urge every one of us to remember and abide by the following advice:
    Maintain social distancing at all times
    Check your bike over carefully when it’s been unused for a while
    If you didn't renew your bike insurance policy during lock down, do it now
    Try to avoid rush hour if possible
    The government has clarified that you can ride to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance so long as you respect social distancing guidance while you are there but it’s important that we don’t see large groups of motorcyclists congregating at single spots
    You are an ambassador for motorcycling – ride with care, consideration and safety in mind
    Be respectful of all other road users
    Do not ride across UK borders unless necessary
    Roads Policing teams across the UK will be out in significant numbers over the coming days and weeks and while there is a strong emphasis on engaging with motorists, if circumstances show a clear disregard for the restrictions, enforcement will be an option.
    As a police motorcyclist and an avid leisure rider, I know bikers across the UK are, in the main, law-abiding, socially responsible and terrific supporters of our emergency services. I now call on that vast majority to exercise patience and understanding which will allow the wider public to see the biking community as one that can be held in high regard and trusted to do the right thing.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

It would seem that the lockdown is unofficially over.
    I've been working in Bath for the last 4 weeks.
    4 weeks ago I was lucky to see 10 cars on my 5 mile commute.
    This week I've been stuck in traffic coming home most days.
    Either Bath has a disproportionate amount of key workers or people are being tw*ts.

Chatterbox
    Traffic has been much heavier here for the last couple of days.

Not back to normal procession levels by any stretch of the imagination but it has definitely increased a chunk.
    Everything else is shyte

Same here, lots more vehicles about
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

[QUOTE=
    Either Bath has a disproportionate amount of key workers or people are being tw*ts.[/QUOTE]

most probably the latter
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It