Notices

Thread: “Essential travel”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    I got out on my BB today had a nice little burble down to Salisbury where I got followed by a Police Marked X5 all the way to Cholderton on the way to Marlborough before they stopped at the side of the road (coincidence ?) you decide lol
    good job I was on my best behaviour, mind you first time out in 8-10 weeks so driving miss daisy time probably baffled them lol

quite a few bikes out and I saw at least 4 groups of bikes with around 6-8 riders out and about, I thought group rides were a no no ?

On a plus side I popped over to the guy that does my MOT's and he is working so able to book in the CBR, I know there is supposed to be an extension but I am not that trusting of our Gov or any MP for that matter

The MOT extension is genuine as mine ran out mid April and has auto extension as found on the GOV website...

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

It would appear that, faced with the government's ambiguous declarations ("go to work" "don't go to work"), people have in general decided "what the feck" and are largely going out as and when they feel like it, although where they're going is less clear. If they aren't going to work, supermarket or garden centre, there's nowhere else open so they're all travelling to exercise, or more likely just to pay someone a visit.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Saw people picnicking today who either live in a household with 4 adults and 5 kids or have decided not to bother with distancing. Sharing the same blanket

Next door’s kid has been having visits from his girlfriend and various mates all week

Opposite’s daughter has visited, and again today with her boyfriend.

Seems to me people have given up. Sadly Covid doesn’t choose the morons to target otherwise we’d have some excellent natural selection happening
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    Saw people picnicking today who either live in a household with 4 adults and 5 kids or have decided not to bother with distancing. Sharing the same blanket

Next door’s kid has been having visits from his girlfriend and various mates all week

Opposite’s daughter has visited, and again today with her boyfriend.

Seems to me people have given up. Sadly Covid doesn’t choose the morons to target otherwise we’d have some excellent natural selection happening
    I've read NHS staff are getting p*ssed that every one goes out to clap for them on a Thursday then head off to the hills and the beaches whilst on furlough to spread covid whilst they work their nuts off risking their lives to save the stupid b*stards!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I've read NHS staff are getting p*ssed that every one goes out to clap for them on a Thursday then head off to the hills and the beaches whilst on furlough to spread covid whilst they work their nuts off risking their lives to save the stupid b*stards!

Some of the first words of wisdom I've encountered for a little while .

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I have to shake my head every Thursday watching the village idiots all stand at their front gates clapping their hands for the NHS then huddling up together afterwards for a gossip and passing the plague onto each other.
    On a personal note iv been delivering prescriptions for vulnerable people who “supposedly” are shielding and can’t leave the house for ANY reason, in the last 2 weeks I’d estimate iv had to return 20% of them to the pharmacy as when I knocked the person has been out!

So the latest comms is that if you use instinct its ok!!! So my instinct is to go out for lots of rides on my bike...what a farce, don't normally express a view on these things but this is a joke.

Well, if that sh!tweasel Dominic Cummings can interpret lockdown rules in phase one as he pleases and drive 250 miles up-country while exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms then I can foresee a lot of people seeing the government’s frantic excusing and covering-up as giving the rest of us pretty much carte blanche to do as we please and any attempts to keep a lid on peoples movements will be overwhelmed...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Lockdown is effectively over after todays press conference
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Well, if that sh!tweasel Dominic Cummings can interpret lockdown rules in phase one as he pleases and drive 250 miles up-country while exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms then I can foresee a lot of people seeing the government’s frantic excusing and covering-up as giving the rest of us pretty much carte blanche to do as we please and any attempts to keep a lid on peoples movements will be overwhelmed...
    Have to agree he should have made a stand but no, this has given the green light to interpret the lockdown as you see fit. What a crazy thing to do....