Notices

Thread: “Essential travel”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. “Essential travel” 
    Coronavirus: Bikers fined for 200-mile fish and chips trip https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52532267

I thought in Yorkshire, people are sensible!

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Coronavirus: Bikers fined for 200-mile fish and chips trip https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52532267

I thought in Yorkshire, people are sensible!
    You can always tell a Yorkshireman ............ but you can never tell a Yorkshireman !!

Well I suppose they had a good ride before they were caught and of course they had to ride home again. Worth the fine maybe? I'm beginning to think maybe it is lol. (although I'm not suggesting anyone should do this)
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

A sensible précis of latest regs...

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...0&bid=68619794
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    A sensible précis of latest regs...

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...0&bid=68619794
    Agree

The latest from MAG

MAG Central via mag-uk-list 12/5/2020 11:55
    To Affiliated Clubs
    On Sunday, the Prime Minister announced a lifting of some restrictions on travel and a return to work for some.

From Day 1 of lockdown, the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) has not been aware of any distinction being made between cars and motorcycles. Travel by motorcycle or scooter to work (where you cannot work from home), for shopping, and for the personal care of yourself or people in your care has been permitted. This now extends to travel to publicly accessible open spaces for exercise or recreation.

There are limits in place and the following information is based on the Government guidelines at the time of writing:

You can carry a pillion from your own household, but meeting other people is strictly limited to groups of two. So, that’s either you and your pillion or you, meeting with one friend from another address, on another bike, but not both. Social distancing guidelines must be followed. Please remember that many places - including National Parks - are still closed, so you should check before you go. Most facilities at the seaside are also closed, including public toilets in some locations. MAG urges riders to avoid traditional meeting places where riders usually gather. If large numbers of riders descend upon the places we traditionally go to, there may be a backlash that results in restrictions being imposed.

The rules are different for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Do not ride there from England.

In encouraging people to return to work where it is safe to do so, the Government is advising people to avoid public transport.
    MAG is working with the Vintage Motorcycle Club (VMCC) and the Trail Riders Fellowship (TRF), on a document to be submitted to the Government asking the Government to ensure that motorcycles and scooters are fully incorporated into any travel plans as part of lifting the lockdown. Motorcycles and scooters have a huge part to play in reducing congestion and pollution, providing access to personal transport for those journeys that people are unable to complete using active travel (cycling and walking), or to avoid the risk of using public transport. MAG, the VMCC and the TRF want to ensure that the travel benefits of motorcycling from transport, leisure and welfare aspects are not overlooked as lockdown restrictions are lifted.

Selina Lavender, Chair of the Motorcycle Action Group, said “as riders, we all know that riding bikes is good for our mental health and welfare. It can also provide a safe way to travel as lockdown is lifted, and we will be encouraging the Government to include us as lockdown is eased. If you do choose to go for a ride, take it easy, please avoid congregating, have a stroll in the countryside and come home safe.”

MAG Central Office 01926 844 064 or central-office@mag-uk.org
    Ends
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Two excellent and heartwarming articles !

Chatterbox
    Yep
    Everything else is shyte

So.... is it wrong to take my bike for it's MoT ? I know there is a MoT extension in place, but seeing as mine expired last July it doesn't fall under that category. It's already to go, I just want it back on the road, not for any 'fun' riding, but just as another means of transport for getting to work when I can't do stuff remotely.

Pete

You need to make an appointment and go DIRECTLY there.

They will disinfect the bike before working on it and after.
    I only have one vice…I lie.