Notices

Thread: Beating the boredom and still getting your bike fix

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Beating the boredom and still getting your bike fix 
    So far I've fitted a pair of oxford heated grips to my wife's bike.
    Hardwired 2 oximisers into the garage.
    Fitted a new top fairing to my bike.
    I also had 2 appointments yesterday in Bath and Cheltenham. Didn't fancy a 3hr round trip in a transit so "borrowed" my wife's Street Triple RS.
    Went up the A46 and Down the Fosse way which were both pretty quiet although the people using the roads did seem to have their minds elsewhere. So if you do have to venture out, be extra vigilant. Saw 1 near head on and had 2 cars pull out on me.
    When I got back I cleaned the bikes ( yet again) and then watched https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/films/...undaunted-film
    It's not your usual bike documentary. It focuses more on the psychological effects of racing through the eyes of Andrea Dovizioso and the pressures put on him from the team and other riders.
    It's not the most exhilarating film but it wastes an hour and beats watching repeats of Homes under the Hammer.
    Anyone else got any bike related ways to kill the time?

Erm, aside from cleaning the living daylights out of them, wiring in battery charger leads, checking fluid levels and tyre pressures, cleaning them again.... oh, and fitting a new Akrapovic system (which was technically done before lockdown, before we were aware of the upcoming indefinite spell of enforced idleness... D’Oh!)

Lordy, after the never-ending winter of rain we were so looking forward to taxing the bikes on 1st April, and daren’t have hoped for weather like this... which we get to appreciate from our back garden rather than (insert any fave biking destination here)...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Lot's of polishing, got a TV in the garage so usually half watch something on Netflix while doing it. If you own shares in Autosol I reckon you are doing well right now.

I filled last weekend with sorting out and tidying the garage, it had gotten pretty messy.

I found a clutch cable last week and not to rush a task I took all week to identify it as for the GSXR and to then fit it.

Put the ZZR on SORN, going to remove the fairings next week and give it some attention.

Work has me going to Devizes a couple of times a week, used bikes for that. May have got "lost" on the return leg a few times, depending on what time you are out it can still sometimes be eerily quiet, especially if you avoid main roads.

I never realised that by not commuting up to 2 hours everyday I'd free up so much time.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Lot's of polishing, got a TV in the garage so usually half watch something on Netflix while doing it. If you own shares in Autosol I reckon you are doing well right now.

I filled last weekend with sorting out and tidying the garage, it had gotten pretty messy.

I found a clutch cable last week and not to rush a task I took all week to identify it as for the GSXR and to then fit it.

Put the ZZR on SORN, going to remove the fairings next week and give it some attention.

Work has me going to Devizes a couple of times a week, used bikes for that. May have got "lost" on the return leg a few times, depending on what time you are out it can still sometimes be eerily quiet, especially if you avoid main roads.

I never realised that by not commuting up to 2 hours everyday I'd free up so much time.
    Was that you giving me a rev as you went past the other day on your GSXR?

Chatterbox
    I’ve spent the last few weeks polishing the **** out of anything I could get to the mop.
    So for the last few days I’ve been suffering from a hands on hangover of sorts.
    What I’ve been doing was instead is dreaming of my next purchase
    I want an old Brit, something like this would fit the bill nicely

6DFBE8DB-B196-40E9-BCD8-5500EF16B26E.jpeg
    Everything else is shyte

What you REALLY need is a Blackbird (going cheep) in need of TLC.
    Last edited by Burbler; 12-04-20 at 03:44 PM.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    What you REALLY ned is a Blackbird (going cheep) in need of TLC.
    Way too Jap for my liking
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Was that you giving me a rev as you went past the other day on your GSXR?
    That was me, went past the next day on the Enfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    I want an old Brit
    Indian built Enfield?...... all the authentic performance but more "usable".

Platinum Member
    That was me, went past the next day on the Enfield
    yep I was out in the garage and I saw you both times, some would say I spend to much time out in the garage (by some I mean people with the same surname as me but with a mrs in front of it)

Chatterbox

Indian built Enfield?...... all the authentic performance but more "usable".
    A couple of Buell guys have them too & love them, but not really on my radar.

I quite fancy a Grumph

groo.jpg
    Last edited by Last Train; 13-04-20 at 10:15 AM.
    Everything else is shyte