Iv spent the last 2 days pulling an old Suzuki an400 Bergman apart that iv had tucked away for a while (paid peanuts for it as a non-runner) but not had the time to spend on it.
After 2 hours working out how to take the body work of iv de-greased and jet washed 3 years of ****e and crud away from where it’s been stood up, wire brushed away rusty frame paint and repainted, glued up and fixed a broken nose cone, cleaned the carb out etc and finely got it running after tracing a broken wire from the brake lever (started 2nd try after fixing the wire ).
Its actually running rather nicely apart from a bit of a clatter from the variator and having just taking it for a naughty whizz down a track near me I’m quite taken with it, 1st big scooter iv ever ridden and I was amazed just how well it pulled and comfortable it is.
Plans for tomorrow are to rip the callipers apart as they work but probably could do with a clean and fluid change then change all oils and then give it a good clean and polish.
Then it’s book an MOT and fingers crossed time, I admit its not the prettiest but for what it owes me it can have a place in the garage if it passes.