Notices

Thread: Polishing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Its strangely addictive i find. I've managed to hit a new level of sad.... painting the lettering on tyres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Good lord !
    Hahaha, love it WR

I'm contemplating having a go at this

Attachment 1692

Well,
    This is a bit of a confessional,
    Please please please don't let my actions dissuade any of you from your polishing or painting or pretty'ing or bespoke bracketry fabrications or in fact, any moto-vehicular tinkering of any kind

But,
    In the end,
    I just bought a new one

926FE79B-C3E6-460F-8AED-20696F9D55F0.jpeg
    Last edited by Last Train; 04-05-20 at 07:46 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Well,
    This is a bit of a confessional,
    Please please please don't let my actions dissuade any of you from your polishing or painting or pretty'ing or bespoke bracketry fabrications or in fact, any moto-vehicular tinkering of any kind

But,
    In the end,
    I just bought a new one

926FE79B-C3E6-460F-8AED-20696F9D55F0.jpeg
    Looking beautiful Dude !

I think it's all good healthy fun ! I've just spent the afternoon buggering about with this . it's one of the old chains and sprocket sets off the Bonny , and I always did intend to clean it up and mount it on a nice decorative plinth as a bit of an objet d'art 'omage to the old girl .

The reason for it today was to try and demonstrate the crankshaft sprocket position and chain in relation to the cam sprocket position in a conversation with a guy in the Pacific Northwest who has his Bonny engine in bits . It's a funny old world .......... and quite small ! At some point the sprockets will get a squirt of black paint and with some shiny bolts it'll get properly mounted ...... FNAR !

20200504_172922.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I think it's all good healthy fun ! I've just spent the afternoon buggering about with this . it's one of the old chains and sprocket sets off the Bonny , and I always did intend to clean it up and mount it on a nice decorative plinth as a bit of an objet d'art 'omage to the old girl .

The reason for it today was to try and demonstrate the crankshaft sprocket position and chain in relation to the cam sprocket position in a conversation with a guy in the Pacific Northwest who has his Bonny engine in bits . It's a funny old world .......... and quite small ! At some point the sprockets will get a squirt of black paint and with some shiny bolts it'll get properly mounted ...... FNAR !

20200504_172922.jpg
    'objet d'art' I like
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Sweet would be nice to c it on the bike this yr 🕸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Sweet would be nice to c it on the bike this yr gbsct
    MAJOR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post

20200504_172922.jpg
    i hope you adjusted it to the correct tension ?
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Do you know dear reader... I almost polished some bit of bike once but I managed to avoid that madness.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    .....would be nice to c it on the bike this yr ����������������
    Yeah That
    Everything else is shyte

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Do you know dear reader... I almost polished some bit of bike once but I managed to avoid that madness.
    No way !

Come & join in the madness Burbs
    Everything else is shyte