Notices

Thread: NHS volunteers needed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    https://www.who.int/news-room/detail...kers-worldwide

The reality of the current situation is NO-ONE could have seen this pandemic coming
    not wishing to pee on anyones bonfire here but not sure thats quite right Roy, There was that Chinese doctor that warned about it in December 2019 and got silenced that you may not have been aware of.

https://nextshark.com/li-wenliang-wh...n-coronavirus/
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    not wishing to pee on anyones bonfire here but not sure thats quite right Roy, There was that Chinese doctor that warned about it in December 2019 and got silenced that you may not have been aware of.

https://nextshark.com/li-wenliang-wh...n-coronavirus/
    Dunno mate but sick of people trying to turn a **** situation into a soapbox to scream politics from. All I was trying to do was raise awareness and get volunteers. Last time I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Dunno mate but sick of people trying to turn a **** situation into a soapbox to scream politics from. All I was trying to do was raise awareness and get volunteers. Last time I do.
    There will always be people like that mate, you know the saying....you can't educate pork
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Anyone else live on this yet?

I've noticed it scans roughly an 800m radius around me, I'm guessing they tested this in urban areas. In more rural setting it looks like my housing estate in Tidworth has about a dozen people covering just the estate but a village behind us has nobody despite it being a 3 minute drive away.

The 2 people within 800m of our gp surgery must be getting hammered

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Anyone else live on this yet?

I've noticed it scans roughly an 800m radius around me, I'm guessing they tested this in urban areas. In more rural setting it looks like my housing estate in Tidworth has about a dozen people covering just the estate but a village behind us has nobody despite it being a 3 minute drive away.

The 2 people within 800m of our gp surgery must be getting hammered
    What is it your using WR , some sort of APP ?

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    What is it your using WR , some sort of APP ?
    Yeah, if you follow the original link to volunteer after they verify your identity you download and login to an app they are using. Its basically a map showing "On duty", volunteers. I was watching my icon though and after a while it started showing me casting a search bubble in and out which only spread 800m.

Not sure if everyones will be identical the app encompasses all 4 volunteer types. I'm down for 2 so what i see may vary to others.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Yeah, if you follow the original link to volunteer after they verify your identity you download and login to an app they are using. Its basically a map showing "On duty", volunteers. I was watching my icon though and after a while it started showing me casting a search bubble in and out which only spread 800m.

Not sure if everyones will be identical the app encompasses all 4 volunteer types. I'm down for 2 so what i see may vary to others.
    Nice one .

As far as I can see it makes no difference who is in government they will all cut services as much as they can. Our bloodbike group is celebrating its 30th year this year and at no point with any government in that time has it been thought ' we don't need to do this anymore as the NHS can cope'. Insread of armchair politics get out and help out.

RNLI should be government backed as well.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    RNLI should be government backed as well.
    I don't believe they want to be. I read somewhere recently they enjoy being independent and running the show how they choose.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”