Notices

Thread: Mike Hailwood

1. Mike Hailwood 
    Just been announced that a film is to be made about Hailwood's final win at the I.O.M TT.
    Eric Bana has written the script and will star in and direct the film that is backed by his production company.
    I really hope they do the story justice.

That sounds like a bit of an obscure choice for the likes of Eric Bana , maybe he's a fan and this is his passion project . He could well turn out something decent .

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    That sounds like a bit of an obscure choice for the likes of Eric Bana , maybe he's a fan and this is his passion project . He could well turn out something decent .
    I remember seeing him on top gear years ago and it turns out he’s quite a respected racing driver who races classic cars in his spare time and a biker to boot.

maybe he's a fan and this is his passion project .
    Everyone's a fan. I'm yet to meet a rider who isn't.
    I had a tour of the Ducati factory some years ago and they had his TT winning 900ss (or 1 of the many bikes that are claimed to be) but it wasn't in the racing hall of fame with bikes ridden by mere mortals like Casey Stoner, Carl Fogarty or Troy Baylis. It had it's own room.
    To Ducati, Hailwood is a God and his TT win pulled the company back from the brink of bankruptcy.
    Bana's involvement also has the blessings of his widow too which is hopefully a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Everyone's a fan. I'm yet to meet a rider who isn't.
    I didn't realise he was a fan or a rider , don't know a great deal about the bloke . I know a little bit more now .

I didn't realise he was a fan or a rider , don't know a great deal about the bloke . I know a little bit more now .
    just don't make him angry tho Andy he has a tendancy to go all Hulk on yer lol
    Hulk.jpg
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Just been announced that a film is to be made about Hailwood's final win at the I.O.M TT.
    Eric Bana has written the script and will star in and direct the film that is backed by his production company.
    I really hope they do the story justice.

I really enjoyed The Ford v Ferrari, Shelby & Miles flick.
    Hope this follows suit.
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post

I really enjoyed The Ford v Ferrari, Shelby & Miles flick.
    Hope this follows suit.
    It was great, wasn't it. Maybe not totally factually accurate but the attention to detail was incredible.
    At the start of the final race I saw a driver with a black helmet with white bars in the background and out of focus. Did a quick Google search and sure enough, Graham Hill competed in that race.
    Amazing film.

Back in 1980-81 I was a teenager tearaway in Northampton and one evening I ended up at a pub called the Spencer Arms with my mate Malcolm - totally by chance, it wasn’t a regular watering hole of ours. We were enjoying a quiet pint when a lad I knew came into the bar and said “Hey Simon, Mike Hailwood’s in the lounge”
    “Feck off, really?”
    “Yeah, honestly”
    Mac and I promptly headed to the lounge door where a big geezer in a penguin suit told us “you can’t come in here dressed like that”
    “Bollocks mate, Mike the Bike’s in here” and sure enough he was, having just performed a speaking engagement and was chatting to a bloke at the bar. We waited politely and at an appropriate moment said “Excuse me Mike, could you sign our jackets please?” and he obligingly autographed our denim cut-offs with my marker pen. We then left him in peace, a proper gent and stellar talent so cruelly taken from us shortly afterwards.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen