Notices

Thread: Track day ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Track day ? 
    Hello everybody was thinking of doing a track day this year but a bit skeptical of doing it on my own .would anyone like to join me.cheers chris

Southwestbikers have one every year at Llandau, S.Wales.

This year is 5th June...3 groups of 16...fast / inter / novice.

It is their members only unless not filled by 1st Feb when we usually get an invite. You could also join SWB and book in direct.

Tiz very popular and friendly. Several from here have been.
    Last edited by Burbler; 21-01-20 at 06:39 PM.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Me and Kata are booked, Wes normally comes along. Only £65 and always a good day out (apart from last years weather). Like Larry said if you want to make sure you get a place just sign up to southwest bikers forum.

Was thinking of castle Combe £135 9 to 5 not to sure about Wales as it's my road bike if I cook my tyres I dont think the old bill would like that lol😁

Diamond Member
    A couple of us (at least) will be doing Castle Combe a couple of times this season and you are welcome to join us.
    We will have a couple of gazebos and a kettle :-)
    Although Combe is bumpy and a bit short (although not as short as LLandow) i always gave good fun there.
    Are you on WB Facebook ? keep an eye out there.
    Cheers

Ah right sorry only on here was thinking sort of June July time also I only have 2 piece leathers is that ok

Quote Originally Posted by LucasZxr600 View Post
    Ah right sorry only on here was thinking sort of June July time also I only have 2 piece leathers is that ok
    OK if they have a FULL zip (270° I think). Also noise levels are checked.

I like Combe myself, down sides are 10 minutes on track each hour, and as stated noise testing fails loads of bikes even with standard road exhausts fitted. Tyres will still be pretty much useless for road use afterwards unless they were all but new to start with.( you see quite a few police vehicles near combe on a Wednesday afternoon. Much better to try and share a van, or tow a trailer as bikes are known to go pop.

Ah ok might hire a bike if they have any at combe not sure.i have a ninja j2 with a stubby micron can so no sure it's 100db

Its 105db Im pretty sure, just about scrape in with my blade. You can get it tested at Coombe prior to booking to make sure it will pass. Nice quick track, and the bonus is that its local. Popular too, as the events are usually fully booked up, just watch out for the chicanes ask Gerry