Notices

Thread: Another missed day out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Another missed day out 
    A lovely looking day today and sure enough we have things to do (funeral in Portsmouth area) so can't get out on the bikes.

Monday was also lovely but yes we had various appointments between us. Tomorrow, no commitments and the weather forecast?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I know the feeling, seems anytime we get decent weather I have a to do list longer than my arm. Barely managed more mileage this year than the MOT garage and back.

I've not been out on the bike for three weeks now (apart from a half hour potter that doesn't count) and really missing it. 2019 has been just about the busiest year I've had for maybe ten or eleven years and biking has taken a bit of a backward seat. I've gotten out for lots of half day rides, mainly on the Enfield or the Africa Twin but only had two half decent longer rides (Wales and then Cornwall) but each of them only a couple of nights away. Total mileage has been about 6k which is the first year I've not done over tan for a long time, at least it's saved on tyres and chains!
    A huge change in my circumstances means I should be able to get more riding time in next year and already have two very special weeks booked in for March.

Platinum Member
    I'm still unable to ride my "real" bikes as my legs still have no strength so Iv just brought myself a little 125cc twist and go just so I can get on a bike again. It's not even close to being as good as riding the triumph or the cruiser but it's still nice to be riding again even if it is at 55mph lol. The bonus is unlike my other bikes I'm not all precious about keeping it dry so I'm getting to ride it abit more.

Hi Roy
    Glad you are at least back on two wheels, like you say not being precious about it makes it easier. Hope you manage to get back on the other bikes soon.

Roy, sometimes you can have more fun on the small fry, thrashing round lanes etc. enjoy and get your strength back soon my friend
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Thank you and yes I'd forgotten how much fun little bikes can be but I'd also forgotten how unstable small wheeled bikes are .

Chatterbox
    Looks soggy again this weekend....
    Everything else is shyte

Managed to get out today. A bit of shopping (sorry) + petrol + desperately needed haircut + docs + chemist.
    Last edited by RunningBare; 14-12-19 at 02:00 PM.

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningBare View Post
    Managed to get out today. A bit of shopping.....
    I hope you didn't spend overspend, too much, on my prezzie Bare' ?
    Everything else is shyte