Notices

Thread: to buy or not to but from Fowlers

Hybrid View

I took my bike there last year for a triumph warranty replacement of some fuel line connectors from plastic to metal.

First time I went, they had not ordered the parts - apologies and offered to transport my bike from Trowbridge to Fowlers to do it at another date).
    Did that.
    It came back all scratched up, mark on the tank and a big scuff on the rear faring.
    Driver confirmed it wasn't like that when he picked it up they agree'd to pay to get it re-sprayed.
    Faff with local re-spray company.
    Got it re-sprayed a few months later, riding it over to Bristol & a place Fowlers use.
    Since been re-sprayed, but colour not quite right.
    Paint man offered to do it again with Fowlers agreeing to foot the bill.
    Not taken it back since, was too much hassle emailing back and forth and it looks close enough.

Basically ended up being a bit of a saga, over about 5-6 months. Fowlers paid to fix what they did, but what should have cost them nothing (replacement parts supplied by Triumph) ended up costing them transporting costs for a day and about £500odd or whatever it is for the re-spray.

New bikes look nice and they've lots of choice, impressive amount of pretty bikes there and I expect given I paid them nothing and they sorted out issues they caused, that they'd honour a warranty - though would you believe it, I've not been back.

Amazing they handed it back to you thinking you wouldn't notice.

It was a saga for what should have been an easy fix. Huge waste of time. Found out after I went there they have the nickname fowl-ups. Not surprised.