Notices

Thread: Heated grips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Heated grips 
    Decided to invest in some heated grips. There seems to be loads out there and they vary wildly in price.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

funnily enough I've been thinking about heated grips too.
    A friend of mine highly recommended R&G one's that were recently on offer at £24.99 but that offer has now ended of course.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Decided to invest in some heated grips. There seems to be loads out there and they vary wildly in price.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I used to have Oxford heated grips fitted to the bike , but found that unless barkbusters/handguards are fitted , the windchill still gets the better of your digits . So removed the grips and opted for a pair of Gerbing G12 heated gloves and they are without fault .

Judy, I had R&G grips fitted on my old Thundercat ..so did Rosie and Caz.
    Frankly, they were totally useless.. waste of money..imho.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Not many people like my chose, Keis heated under gloves, summer gloves and big oxford muffs, ugly yes but dry warm hands in all weather

Toph, I went out with Rosie (and Don) today and she said she had the Oxfords which were good but could do with hand guards too. I have Alpinestars winter gloves & hand guards and was just about ok.

theoldbaldone, whatever works and keeps you warm. No good being a fashion plate and freezing your nuts/tits off* Delete where applicable
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I've fitted Premium oxford grips (the ones with the autocontroller) to two of my bikes and my Sons and they have worked well and can be connected directly to the battery as turn off automatically. The oldest set have been going over 5 years with no issues.

Thanks for all the input.
    After doing a lot of research, I've discovered that the throttle grip on the street triple is moulded into the throttle sleeve which requires many hours of cutting, scraping and sanding to remove.
    So I've decided to go down the heated glove route.
    Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Member
    Iv got oxford heated rain muffs fitted to my Triumph and iv yet to get cold hands no matter the weather. Don't look the best but warm hands trumps looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Iv got oxford heated rain muffs fitted to my Triumph and iv yet to get cold hands no matter the weather. Don't look the best but warm hands trumps looking good.
    Now that sounds like a good idea if you suffer from cold hands anyway.