Notices

Thread: Good cafe racer style bikes..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Good cafe racer style bikes.. 
    So I’m converting the garage but still plan to keep the bike in it. We’re going to decorate it like a 50’s American diner, because, well, there’s no one to stop us. Black and white tile floor, big red American fridge for beer and a pinball machine (or few) in the corner. A cruiser or Harley is the obvious choice but I don’t fancy one just yet. I’d rather a cafe racer style bike like a thruxton 900 but with only 69hp and twice the price of my speed four... I’m not sold on it, despite how pretty it is. I don’t really want less hp for more money.

Can you help me out, any bikes you can think of with 100hp+ but with some classic styling around the £2-to maybe 4-5kmark? A thruxton 1200r I think is the closet match but currently they’re somewhat more costly again.

I am expecting some touts for buell..

​I can't imagine who from lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    So I’m converting the garage but still plan to keep the bike in it. We’re going to decorate it like a 50’s American diner, because, well, there’s no one to stop us. Black and white tile floor, big red American fridge for beer and a pinball machine (or few) in the corner. A cruiser or Harley is the obvious choice but I don’t fancy one just yet. I’d rather a cafe racer style bike like a thruxton 900 but with only 69hp and twice the price of my speed four... I’m not sold on it, despite how pretty it is. I don’t really want less hp for more money.

Can you help me out, any bikes you can think of with 100hp+ but with some classic styling around the £2-to maybe 4-5kmark? A thruxton 1200r I think is the closet match but currently they’re somewhat more costly again.

not following the logic for an american 50's diner and then plonking a brit bike in it................

as for the harley, just put in a kids toy tractor with a harley sticker on it - no one will know the difference
    as long as there will be a garage warming party whatever you decide is fine
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Deffo not classic cafe racer but classy styling (IMO of course ; )

You might jsut get a good one for your top budget if you're quick

DSC_0148.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Deffo not classic cafe racer but classy styling (IMO of course ; )

You might jsut get a good one for your top budget if you're quick

DSC_0148.JPG
    That is a beaut. The red would go very well. Not something I’d thought of either. Thanks trev.

Trev P you are no help at all, but yes will have to have a get together and some games in when it’s done you can all come over for shakes 😎 There’s not much logic other than need a hard floor rather than carpet for the bike, so may as well get b/w tiles like a diner & then why not paint the room red&white. Chrome, shiny things. That sort of style suits the pinballs well too.

I’ll probably want to try a 800cc/more bike at some point at somepoint anyway and do like the retro look. Every time I see DC’s bonnie I think it’s pretty bike.

She's beautiful mate ! Swindon Triumph are selling a Bonnie T100 just now with 12000 miles on the clock for approx £4k

What about a flatracker?
    It would certainly be in keeping with the Americana theme.
    Don't be swayed by the "more bhp=more fun" idea either.

Never seen a flat tracker, or thought of one. Also very pretty.

She is indeed a beaut DC and I’ve been keeping my eye on the T100 prices and one is definitely on my list. I know you’ve tinkered with yours and suspect it gives out a bit more power(?) I get not to get fussed about the power, as when you get it going; I’d never call you slow.

When I start looking proper I’ll get out and test ride a Bonny Bonnie.

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

Chatterbox
    And did somebody mention Buell ?

Everything else is shyte