Notices

Thread: Members vs Guests

Hybrid View

been busy with work, nobody needing bikes servicing and only a Brit engine rebuild , where are the bikers? my guess, either not bothering or servicing themselves with help from forum members. why so many bike shops are closing.
    as for work , we have 4 new or born again bikers, all with newish bikes but working many hours to pay for them. apart from one father with his son the rest are sat in the garages most of the week. none are community riders just solo ones , bike in the garage because they can rather than how about a group ride.
    there seems to be a lot of bikes on the roads while Im riding around , mainly commuter use as traffic around Melksham is diabolical most of the time now.

If its any consolation, we go to France every 6 weeks, March to November .On our run, there is one new bike workshop but 3 closed in last 4 years. I am led to believe that no group riding for more than 4 bikes is allowed by law, closest Ive seen to a ride out is groups of 4, 3 and 4 but a mile apart. we have two road circuits and two mx tracks locally and pass a few more mx tracks but not seen any activity while there. A lot of 2 stroke scooters and kids with tee shirts and shorts or thin jackets, the 30kph limit keeps their reliability as opposed to here where its ba11s out everywhere. Many of our local main roads are straight and empty but with 50kmph limits, seeing GSXR thous and ZZR's pottering along. the majority of bikes of choice are large Trailies, BMW, Triumph, KTM all with panniers, although there are quite a few Brit bikes around the Somme area.

as for members v guests, , I think its a case of guests looking for information not company.
    Last edited by wheelers; 20-10-19 at 09:07 AM.