My wife is in the market for some new wheels so booked a couple of test rides through Fowlers.
They were remarkably helpful, allowing us to take 2 bikes out at the same time so we could both test them.
Bikes tested:
Honda CB650R
Cracking little bike with a punchy 4 cylinder engine. Model tested had ABS, Traction control and a quick shifter.
Great for twisties and in traffic but would struggle on longer trips.

Honda CB650F
Same motor and extras but fully faired and with clip-ons. Not sure what category it falls into as it's not naked, it's not a tourer and it's no sports bike but it was much better suited to longer rides with it's full fairing, screen and more forward riding position.
Both bikes were incredibly well built with slick gear changes, especially with the quickshifter.

Yamaha MT-07
Massively disappointed with this bike. Decent engine married to a crap gearbox, frame and suspension.
The seat is ridiculously wide and the footpegs are positioned so that they're exactly in the way when putting a foot down.
All the switches looked and felt cheap. At first I thought the indicator switch had snapped off but it's actually just a crappy, little piece of plastic.
It's clearly built to a price and it shows.
Felt very cheap and agricultural compared to the Hondas.
I can't think of a nice thing to say about it.

Triumph Street Triple RS
They only had an RS as a demo which comes with Quick shifter, ABS, multiple riding modes and full Ohlins.
Again, a great bike with a super flexible engine that was as happy in traffic as it was blasting along A roads.
I instantly fell in love with the triple as it did everything sublimely.
It has enough power to be fun without being too intimidating and would suit a new rider trying their first big bike as much someone who has been riding for years.
Obviously looks amazing and rides like a dream but I'm not sure if it's nearly £3000 better than the Honda.

Good job it's not my decision or my money.
The sales team were spot on and really helpful. It would appear the days of surly staff and arrogant salesmen are well and truly behind Fowlers. I'd certainly recommend them to anyone looking for a test ride.