Notices

Thread: New here, and soon to be new to Wiltshire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Lurch and welcome to WB

Thanks.

I could do with hibernating through the summer, winter is fine by me.

As the CBR is back on the road, I figured I'd get a video of the ignition in action. The sensor will read the chip through my hand, with gloves on too, which is a bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMw0WXRpFQ

Wow, I obviously didn't read your post about the ignition properly, that is an amazing trick 'yea, I can turn my bike on with just a wave of my hand'. Would stop any friends borrowing it although you would still have the key for back up I assume. Is it re-programmable while in your hand or would you have to have it removed/reprogrammed/reinserted if you changed a bike? How do you turn the bike off? Kill switch? Can't be another wave of hand as that could be a bit exciting if done accidentally while mobile!
    Last edited by BB; 06-01-20 at 09:46 AM.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

The chip in my hand isn't programmable, it's essentially a key that the ignition system is programmed to accept, the m-lock can accept three keys. The system comes with a master key, which is used to add keys to the system and to remove them, and one key fob, available separately is a chip in a glass vial so it can be sewn in to gloves. I have the original key fob for when I drop the bike off for the MOT. If I were to sell the bike with the M-lock, running the master key past the sensor clears the keys assigned to it, so I could just clear the keys and reassign the key fob. It is another wave past the sensor, the key fob has a slightly longer range than the implant, but it's just 4-5cm, compared to up to 1cm for the implant. I was messing with the 125 and found that when the bike is running, you can turn the ignition off, and the bike will continue to run until you hit the kill switch, at which point the bike is then off.