Notices

Thread: New here, and soon to be new to Wiltshire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. New here, and soon to be new to Wiltshire. 
    As plans are that I will be moving to Westbury in the near future, I figured I’d sign up on here and throw a post down. I’m Ian, though most people who know me know me as Lurch. I’m currently running a Honda CM125 rat/ franken bike. I say currently, right this second it’s being recovered to Westbury where the new coil is being delivered tomorrow, which will take care of the problem that caused me to get it recovered, I figured I’d make the most of the time in the recovery van and post on here. I make props for sword swallowers and a few other sideshow performers, and I’m also a performer myself. If you wanna know any more than is here, ask away.

Chatterbox
    Evening Lurch
    Everything else is shyte

Welcome to WB, bit slow on here at the moment

Sounds intriguing 'props for sword swallowers'
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Hi and Welcome to WB
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Hi and welcome, interesting job

Evening Last Train.

As for the props for sword swallowers, BB, it’s mostly swords, then I’ll do some limited run items, such as giant scissors, giant pinking shears, giant corkscrew, saws, giant nails. I’m currently waiting on some machining work to be done on a couple of Ford Model T rear axles, before I can finish them and get them out to a couple of people to use for sword swallowing.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Evening Last Train.

it’s mostly swords, then I’ll do some limited run items, such as giant scissors, giant pinking shears, giant corkscrew, saws, giant nails. .
    oh you mean just the "normal stuff" .
    welcome to WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    oh you mean just the "normal stuff" .
    welcome to WB.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Well, I'm all settled in Westbury now, the CM125 is sorted for the time being, and there's a new addition of a '95 CBR600F3 in the garage. Both bikes are running an RFID ignition, and in addition to an individual key fob for each bike, there's a chip implanted in my hand that activates both bikes. I'm not overly fussed about the weather, as long as it's not snow / ice, so I might hit a meet up or two once I have the CBR back on the road after the headlight swap. If you see a rat-fighter looking CBR 600 about and the rider has a fluorescent yellow lid, that'll likely be me.

Welcome once again

It's still slow on here, I think most have gone into hibernation! although a few of the boys were out on Friday for a gallop round and I', out with a classic club today heading across to Imber while the plain is open.