Notices

Thread: Cheers pal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What boils my p!ss are the car drivers who feel compelled to brake as you're overtaking them.. WTF? Even a 125 being ridden spiritedly doesn't really need any help to pass most cars. Lower speed passes aren't an issue really, the dopey driver only clocks you in their door mirror, by which time you're on your way, despite their "assistance". I've found in the past that when approaching a car at speed (allegedly...) you do a mental mapping of where the car is going to be when you get to it and plot your path accordingly. Car driver wakes out of their coma and sees a fast-approaching headlight in their mirror, and hits the brakes... Whoa! Their car is now travelling more slowly than it was and is much closer than anticipated and a relatively simple pass morphs into an avoidance manoeuvre.

And another thing.... while I'm here ;-)
    What is it with numbnuts car drivers who insist on indicating right at roundabouts when they're going straight ahead? I don't recall a section in the Highway Code that states "if not turning left, a driver should indicate right". Do these fecktards indicate right when going straight on at a crossroads? I doubt it. If any of you happen to be in a vehicle whose driver does this, please ask them why, I'd be interested to hear the "logic" behind their actions.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

There's a small roundabout near me and I've lost count of the number of cars that indicate LEFT to go straight on.
    Yes, left! and I've absolutely no idea why
    Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    There's a small roundabout near me and I've lost count of the number of cars that indicate LEFT to go straight on.
    Yes, left! and I've absolutely no idea why
    Because the Highway Code states you have to and I quote directly from rule 186 subsection 3 in the Highway Code, "signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want".
    So from your picture you should indicate left at Gibbs ct to continue on down park lane (but NOT before), even if you was going directly over the roundabout, the only time this rule should be ignored is on a mini roundabout.
    It's one of the many pointless rules in the Highway Code that no one with an ounce of common sense actually does in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Because the Highway Code states you have to and I quote directly from rule 186 subsection 3 in the Highway Code, "signal left after you have passed the exit before the one you want".
    So from your picture you should indicate left at Gibbs ct to continue on down park lane (but NOT before), even if you was going directly over the roundabout, the only time this rule should be ignored is on a mini roundabout.
    It's one of the many pointless rules in the Highway Code that no one with an ounce of common sense actually does in real life.
    I think the rule makes perfect sense. It stops people waiting unnecessarily for a car turning off, thus increasing the flow of traffic.
    What these idiots are doing is driving up to the roundabout with their left indicator on when they are going straight on leading to me pulling out on them as they have indicated that they are turning left into Gibbs Court.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    What these idiots are doing is driving up to the roundabout with their left indicator on when they are going straight on leading to me pulling out on them as they have indicated that they are turning left into Gibbs Court.
    Ahh there's an easy reason as to why they do that, it's because their a bunch of dicks .

Platinum Member
    As they say "you can't fix stupid but you can numb it with a length of 2x4".

Just had it tonight , between Semington and Seend in the dark , in the rain on freshly laid loose chippings , a car right up my proverbial , headlamp glare in the mirrors . It really staggers me sometimes . It seems to be the species generally , one large unified gaping Arseho*e !!!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    one large unified gaping Arseho*e !!!
    To graphic Mate, I was about to go to bed, now all I can think of is that big hole in the desert on Star Wars that eats people.

Sarlacc Pit

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Sarlacc Pit
    That's the one. When I was a kid I was more scared of that than boba fett was when he fell in it, scared the bejesus out of me it did .