Notices

Thread: Triumph rear caliper interchangeability

Hybrid View

1. Triumph rear caliper interchangeability 
    Platinum Member
    Hi all. It seems my triumphs rear caliper is seized and the brake pad retaining bolts are seized solid and the Allen bolts are very rounded off so I think the easiest thing is to replace the caliper. Anyone know what triumph calipers are interchangeable? It's a 1997 triumph trophy 900. Cheers.

The one in the link is a front Nissin for a carbed 900/1200 Trophy , but worth giving Trevor a call at Sprint Manufacturing , he's only down at Upton Lovell , the other side of Warminster . https://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/2376612/

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    The one in the link is a front Nissin for a carbed 900/1200 Trophy , but worth giving Trevor a call at Sprint Manufacturing , he's only down at Upton Lovell , the other side of Warminster . https://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/product.php/2376612/
    Cheers mate, il give them ago, its sods law, I'm more or less up to taking a few short rides again and then this happens, .

Try a drill and stud extractors? If you are thinking of replacing it there's no harm attacking it with the brutal option. If successful you'll only need to replace the bolts.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Try a drill and stud extractors? If you are thinking of replacing it there's no harm attacking it with the brutal option. If successful you'll only need to replace the bolts.
    True, I hadn't thought of it like that lol.

Platinum Member
    All sorted with little drama , an over sized Torx bit hammered into the Allen bolt head and out it came. (FULL DISCLOSURE: it wasn't my idea and it wasn't me that managed to do it ).

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    All sorted with little drama , an over sized Torx bit hammered into the Allen bolt head and out it came. (FULL DISCLOSURE: it wasn't my idea and it wasn't me that managed to do it ).
    you cant beat a bit of brute force and ignorance
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Good to hear you got it sorted
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”