Notices

Thread: Oh Carole!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Oh Carole! 
    Got my insurance renewal through from Carole Nash and it had gone up £30.
    Decided to forearm myself with a like for like quote from Bennett's and called them up.
    Immediately knocked £94 off. I was sorely tempted to tell them to stuff it anyway out of principle but I couldn't be bothered with the whole starting a new policy nonsense.
    Insurance companies really are a bunch of ****s!

It amazes me how they find discount when you tell them you can get cheaper elsewhere. Why on earth can't they offer the best price to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Why on earth can't they offer the best price to start with...
    coz they like to see if they can screw you over first, although i saw on tv aviva are changing this to existing or new customer you get the same deal....now everyone gets screwed over lol
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    It amazes me how they find discount when you tell them you can get cheaper elsewhere. Why on earth can't they offer the best price to start with...
    If they'd kept it the same as last year I would've gone with it but they got greedy and ended up £60 worse off.

Platinum Member
    How's this for taking the pi$$, as you can see on the photo, last year I paid £99 for my triumph, Iv got another years no claims so you would think my insurance would go down but no I get my renewal and it's gone up.......... by 60% to £160 plus my excess has gone up by £100, needless to say Iv told Bennets to poke it and gone over to Devitt insurance who quoted me £78 fully comp.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 24-04-19 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Forgot the basic principles of spelling.

That's ridiculous. Especially as it's so easy to get a rival quote these days.

I guess that the insurance companies operate on the same principle as the utilities providers; dangle the carrot of a low introductory rate, possibly making barely any profit in the first year, and rely on the customers' inertia and general "can't be arsed" attitude towards shopping around for a better deal come renewal time, and they get their profit back on inflated premiums and rates in subsequent years. They must hate the comparison sites and organisations like Money Saving Expert who make the consumer's life easier when it comes to chopping and changing. If you can't be bothered to look around after the great introductory deal, don't complain that renewal is costlier...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

I went from Carole Nash to Bennetts, much better deal, and helmet/ leathers are covered as well. Bennetts also organise there own trackdays which is a bonus

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I guess that the insurance companies operate on the same principle as the utilities providers; dangle the carrot of a low introductory rate, possibly making barely any profit in the first year, and rely on the customers' inertia and general "can't be arsed" attitude towards shopping around for a better deal come renewal time, and they get their profit back on inflated premiums and rates in subsequent years. They must hate the comparison sites and organisations like Money Saving Expert who make the consumer's life easier when it comes to chopping and changing. If you can't be bothered to look around after the great introductory deal, don't complain that renewal is costlier...
    this is the exact reason I shop around every year for all my bikes insurance and my cars, also I swap from AA to RAC breakdown every other year to get the new customer discount. Strangely iv been insured by the RAC for my car for the last 4 years and each time they have offered the best overall deal, but do I still check.

Helmet and leather isn’t worth it. I trashed 2 year old rukka kit £2k, £450 boots. Only most expensive item covered (jacket) and as was 2 years old got back £200. They don’t cover all items just one which is a swizz