Notices

Thread: Hi from an Old(ish) Newbie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Hi from an Old(ish) Newbie 
    Hi,
    Just joined the forum so hello from Dilton Marsh (near Westbury).
    Apart from when I was 17 (40 years ago) on holiday with some mates, I never rode a motorbike / scooter until December last year.
    Shorts, T shirt and trainers on a scooter in India . Absolutely loved it. Deffo not the best clothing to be wearing and deffo not the best road skills.
    So, in January this year I started a DAS course and passed last a couple of weeks ago. Great fun but quite stressful at times..
    On Saturday picked up bike from Blade Triumph - Street Twin.
    Not stopped grinning since.. Done 300 miles over the weekend.
    Learning lots - and from what I understand you never stop learning.
    Looking forward to being part of the forum..
    Cheers
    Bob

Hi and welcome to WB

It's a bit quiet on here at the moment for some reason, maybe the rain? Look forward to meeting you on a run or two later in the year. I ride an SV650 and himself has a street triple.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Welcome to WB Bob , congrats on the test and nice bike . I have a Bonneville

welcome, lovely bike as a first bike too - Triumph are coming out with some crackers lately!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Platinum Member
    Welcome to WB Bob, great bike, triumphs are the way to go .
    And yes you never stop learning, well not until the day you don't see the old man or the taxi driver pulling out in front of you .

Hi and welcome to WB, well done on passing the test and the purchase of the bike. Lets hope the weather starts to warm up soon.

Welcome to WB, most of us are on the wrong side of 20 something (add about 30 years) lol. if you can survive the roads in India ours should be a doddle although just remember most drivers want to kill you
    bit to nippy for me over the weekend so kudos to you there. looking forward to warmer temps
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Chatterbox
    Evening Bob
    Everything else is shyte

Hi..
    Thanks for all of your comments.. makes me feel very welcome!!

It would be really good to ride with you guys at some point.. being a newbie maybe a little too soon at the moment trying to keep up with the experts.. I did see that group riding can be a little hairy when testosterone kicks in :-)

I may be stupid or keen or a bit of both, but I went out last night to see how good the headlight was - crap!
    On dipped I could see about 40 feet in front, on main there was a faint glow in the distance - but that’s it..

Do you avoid riding at night or have LEDs or xenons??
    Interested to see what you all think..
    I promise to try and keep the dumb questions to a minimum.. ;-)
    Bob

The lights on my Bonneville aren't the best and every year or so i think about doing something about it , but most of my riding is done in daylight hours so have never bothered . When I do occasionally find myself out and about in the wee small hours , i ride accordingly .

We don't really experience an excess of testosterone on rides , it's generally pretty civilized and well behaved .