Notices

Thread: Advice/ info

1. Advice/ info 
    Hi all anybody know anything or have advice on a suzuki ls650 savage .I have my eye one atm was wondering if there are any problems to look out for .cheers Chris

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasZxr600 View Post
    Hi all anybody know anything or have advice on a suzuki ls650 savage .I have my eye one atm was wondering if there are any problems to look out for .cheers Chris
    they are decent enough bikes but will seem like a bmx after your zx6r , I very nearly brought one a few years ago but after doing abit of research I ended up with a Yamaha virago 535 as you seem to get more for your money.
    Its a small cruiser and like the virago it's not very exciting to ride but will do it's job, I did 3000 miles on my virago and whilst I couldn't fault it I can't actually recommend it as it was just so bland, I suspect the ls650 would be the same.
    I brought a few small cruisers before buying my suzuki volusia and with hindsight wish I'd just just jumped in and brought the full size cruiser in the 1st place.
    That said Iv never lost money on a cruiser or had any difficulty selling them.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 22-03-19 at 08:15 AM.

No experience of them myself , but having had a look there's some lovely one's out there , I reckon almost all motorcycles are a viable option

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I reckon almost all motorcycles are a viable option
    True dat, Iv ridden some absolute heaps of crap but still enjoyed every second of riding them.

A friend of mine had a Savage years ago, loved it to bits. Never did work out why she sold it and she regretted it almost as soon as she had. Never any problems with the bike in the couple of years ownership and we did a few miles rallying etc
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Wow

If you buy thay one Lucas, Gizago
    Everything else is shyte

You could call it Polo - it's got a hole through the middle!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I've always liked how the motor looks in them, really suits the cruiser style and, although it won't be quick, I reckon the single thump will suit it nicely. Enjoy the search

Is it this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-ls...frcectupt=true

They look great.

I saw one of these on Facebook the other day and had never heard of them. My first bike was a little kawasaki 125cc Eliminator. Also a much meaner name than it deserved, looked great for a 125 and lots of fun winding down B-roads/A-roads taking a leisurely pace. Easy round town too.

Savage looks great and not common. Much more relaxed riding on a cruiser though, nothing to tuck down behind and you feel a bit like a parachute on longer higher speed runs. 31 horsepower... - are you gonna lose your 100hp Zx-6 for it? Mind the savage has a top speed of 88mph and probably loads of torque. So sounds very do-able.

Virago has the funniest name: translation - a domineering, violent, or bad-tempered woman. Personally think the savage has better looks.

They are quite old generally aren't they? So fork-seals could be spongy. Would wanna check age related things and consider the seller. Can tell alot by the person your buying it off, if they've looked after it, garage kept? History/etc.

Personally I'd be looking a VN800's if I got another cruiser, just because I liked my little kawasaki, and the power delivery would be a little more lazy.
    This is a bit pricy but pretty:
    Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 21.29.28.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6331958560118/