Notices

Thread: Stutttterrriiiinng

Hybrid View

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post

That one is a myth (my old man worked in the industry). Refineries don't store boatloads of spare fuel to go stale. The only difference between supermarket and garage is the detergents (including ethanol) added to the petrol, same base product from same refineries (Anything in this area will have come from the refinery in Fawley). Contamination usually comes from the forecourt tanks and there is a thought (which maybe a myth) that supermarkets wait longer intervals before cleaning the tanks.
    I must admit it's not a line of thought Iv ever actually believed in as I can't help thinking grumpy customers would have started court cases by now if it was true and 90% of petrol I buy myself is from Tesco in amesbury but thought I'd chuck it in to the mix as an idea. .
    A thought Iv just had is on my triumph trophy if the battery's not 100% that has some weird and wonderful effects on the bike including runnng crap at low revs and the engine completely cutting out if the lights are switched on. I fitted a new battery and it ran perfectly again.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 14-03-19 at 09:36 AM.