Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
Id say it sounds like old petrol.
When I park a bike up I fill the tank to full to avoid condensation/rust inside tank, then when I start using it again I drain 2/3rds of the petrol out and refill with fresh then use the old petrol mixed with new each time I fill up.
Try topping of the tank with fresh petrol then going for a lively ride (whilst remembering your likely to be abit rusty yourself from not riding for a while).
The injectors could be gummed up but I'd say it's unlikely after just a few months parked up.
Personally though I wouldn't expect petrol to go stale to the point of being noticeable after just a couple of months, yes it'd be past it's best but should still be useable.
Dunno where you fuel up and Iv no evidence of this but iv been told/read that the reason supermarket garages can sell petrol cheaper than Esso etc who they buy it from them in the 1st place is they buy it at knock down prices as they buy older/stale petrol, if that's a fact and you fuelled up with it then the petrol in your tank could be older than you think.

I do exactly the same fill the tank for storage over the winter, finally managed to get the bike out today after not being run since October last year. Bike fired up and ran ok, although like others have said like to get fresh fuel in ASAP. Hopefully it will get sorted with fresh fuel and some good run outs.