some new stuff in there for me but i have always ridden like A - i have not been seen, B - everyone is an idiot, C - riders & drivers forget to use their mirrors, D - never go into a bend that you can only see part way through at speed ( yeah i know all about vanishing points etc) but nothing will prepare you for that dead cow in the road or almost stationary vicious ugly farming machinery that has just pulled out of a side track. A lesson i learned a looong time ago and is forever in the back of my mind

I did learn something new the other day though and that is that unless a national speed limit multilane carriageway has a solid divider then it is a "60" mph road.

back to the point though, i do believe pulling out/waiting etc is getting worse, drivers and increasingly bikers seem to have this increasing air of self intitlement/importance when it comes to giving way, lane discipline, MGIF (must get in front) etc hence what the OP said. unfortunately it all ends badly when self entitled driver mets self entitled biker