Notices

Thread: Honda cbr 1300 blackbird

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Oops misread as they handle like a barge sailing through custard, not the compared to bit, sorry.

Not sure burbler still had his for sale looks nice when I seen it at Trowbridge McDonald's. Not sure on insurance and power .insurance might be a problem as I'm only 31 with 3 years no claims .and the point being if I can handle the thing lol😆.any one know how much a 2001 zx6r j2 is worth had 40000 miles but changed engine at 38000 .new engine has done 17500 miles now just changed oil and filter plugs airfilter etc

Quote Originally Posted by LucasZxr600 View Post
    any one know how much a 2001 zx6r j2 is worth
    This one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-...EAAOSwKxVcawzI auctioned at £1250. I'd ask £1450 ONO, wouldn't mention the engine change either unless asked.

That kind of bike you'd get a bit more for if you waited till the "season".

Not sure burbler still had his for sale looks nice when I seen it at Trowbridge McDonald's. Not sure on insurance and power .insurance might be a problem as I'm only 31 with 3 years no claims .and the point being if I can handle the thing lol.any one know how much a 2001 zx6r j2 is worth had 40000 miles but changed engine at 38000 .new engine has done 17500 miles now just changed oil and filter plugs airfilter etc
    I'd drop ol Burbs a pm if i were you and definitely enquire on insurance, you may be pleasantly surprised else we will need to throw freezing water over you to get you revived from the shock
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Larry can't log in. Has changed computer and lost e-mail + password details.

Has sent several mails to admin to no avail. He intends to re-register under another name.

Has told me he will swap the bird for the K + £200

I've ridden a Blackbird before. It felt like riding a great white shark, as in it was a big grey monster. When opening it up, it just kept going, awesomely fast and linear power. I didn't find it comfy, though that's relative as at the time I was used to a much more upright bike. Would probably get used to it, but quite tucked in position and a bit of a wide bike. Brakes were very good. Don't think there's much out there with more power for the money? Twin exhausts look meaty. Personally around a litre I'd be looking for something like a 2004 Kawasaki Z1000 (4 exhausts), or Triumph Speed Triple. That said the Honda Firestorms look nice... or a Fireblade is a classic. Or A Daytona 955i, or a Zx-9r...

... Then there's also the Fazer 1000; seems a sensible buy or an R1 surely wouldn't disappoint.

Makes sense to chat to burbler.

What year is honda any more pics please

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    I've ridden a Blackbird before. It felt like riding a great white shark, as in it was a big grey monster. When opening it up, it just kept going, awesomely fast and linear power. I didn't find it comfy, though that's relative as at the time I was used to a much more upright bike. Would probably get used to it, but quite tucked in position and a bit of a wide bike. Brakes were very good. Don't think there's much out there with more power for the money? Twin exhausts look meaty. Personally around a litre I'd be looking for something like a 2004 Kawasaki Z1000 (4 exhausts), or Triumph Speed Triple. That said the Honda Firestorms look nice... or a Fireblade is a classic. Or A Daytona 955i, or a Zx-9r...
    What would you know, don't you ride a Puch Maxi lol
    those of a more tender age will have to google that one

What year is honda any more pics please
    if you mean the BB -
    Production:1996–2007 (Carbed thru Fuel Injection+instrument changes) loads of pics on T' interweb