Notices

Thread: Smart Shoei

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smart Shoei 
    Chatterbox
    I love the idea, but don't know if i would want the distraction/s

https://www.visordown.com/news/produ...etooth-and-hud
    Everything else is shyte

They sound pretty flash these gizmos , but think they're missing the whole point of riding a motorcycle , being in the moment and being completely immersed in the experience . When I'm riding the bike that's all I want to be doing .

Got enough on the road to distract you with more stuff inside your helmet lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Totally agree, how much of a distraction is that head-up display going to be, and how are you supposed to see beyond it to clearly identify the upcoming pothole or whatever other hazard might be presenting itself to you? Tech for tech's sake is what it sounds like to me, so tossers can boast about it in the pub (do people still do that?), at the bike meet or more likely, on-line somewhere. Personally, I'll stick to getting my info from the bike's display and what my eyes can see for themselves.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Chatterbox
    Hmm...

A, 'luke warm' , response..

I wonder what feedback the marketing department at Shoei read ?
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    They sound pretty flash these gizmos , but think they're missing the whole point of riding a motorcycle , being in the moment and being completely immersed in the experience . When I'm riding the bike that's all I want to be doing .
    100% agree, no bluetooth to phone or music for me and only satnav on long trips and even then only if needed to find an actual desitnation not to follow routes. I even notice a difference in the number of times I get dsitracted between my older bikes with minimal info and my modern (for me at least) Africa Twin with various modes and readouts to fidddle with and that's pretty simple compared to many bikes these days. Biking is about being in the moment not being somewhere else in your head.

Platinum Member
    Not for me, just more modern life ****e getting in the way of what biking is really all about.
    Also as a biker that wears glasses and is used to the lenses steaming up every time I go below 10mph I don't see how that little HUD screen won't be fogging up constantly.

Good point Badger-Roy
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Riding a bike is one of the few activities where you have no choice other than to focus on what you're doing. Let's hope they don't try to ruin it with technology and a constant feed of information!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Jet fighter pilots have been using these for years. Not sure there's any point on a bike.