Notices

Thread: Jaaaaaaguar ownership

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Jaaaaaaguar ownership 
    To All,

Not been on this forum much recently, much more time spent on Jaguar Forums and how to fix them, inc most weekends driving places for spare parts and fixing/repairing bits.

It has cost me a little more in money and time than I was hoping so far, but now has over a years MOT with only a few little advisories. I also still quite like it.

Two tyre's went flat within a month and were split on the inside, I've sourced some 17 rather than 18 inch wheels which cost a fair chunk. Not to mention EGR Valve replacement, brake lines rusting away and leaking out their brake fluid, then a rusty suspension strut to get it through the MOT which put the wheel alignment all out, now all straightened up, again after changing the wheels. With a break in poor weather I've just now washed, waxed and sealed it and given the new (new-to-me) wheels a deep clean.

I had to start a spreadsheet to see how much its cost me... It's, more than I expected. I had an insurance payout on my old car of £1700, so buying the Jag figured I had £500 for any unseen costs... but now I've got though that and a bit more.

The Speed Four is getting resprayed soon from what I get tell, just got to drive the parts over to Ace of Sprays in Bristol. Hopefully wont be too long before it's back together and I can come out riding again. It's also paid off for now (woop).

New years resolutions:

Get the Jag running trim to experience some trouble-free motoring...
    Get out on the bike at the weekends.
    Play-to-win in national pinball tournaments.

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 16.28.23.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-31 at 16.32.44.jpg

Good to see you on here again

These classic vehicles do tend to gently erode the wallet
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    The Speed Four is getting resprayed soon from what I get tell, just got to drive the parts over to Ace of Sprays in Bristol. Hopefully wont be too long before it's back together and I can come out riding again. It's also paid off for now (woop).

Yellow I hope

I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Didn't you advise me to buy a Jaaaaaag on another thread...? Bought a reliable Merc instead

I probably did recommend it, currently I probably would still despite all the faff I do still enjoy it. Though I’ll admit its not a sensible choice. Currently my logic is that S-types are also very cheap... maybe if I had one of those also then when I have issues with this one I could switch between the two or keep it for weekends... you can also get a 1998 v8 Jag Xj for very little money.. I wonder why more people aren’t snapping them up?

Sorry burbled, Respray is the original green

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    you can also get a 1998 v8 Jag Xj for very little money.. I wonder why more people aren’t snapping them up?
    17 MPG

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    17 MPG
    Parked up with engine just ticking over.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    17 MPG
    Hmm, that may be why....
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Just bung some graphics on it G. Nobody will notice.

I only have one vice…I lie.

17mpg plus the £300 road tax