Notices

Thread: NEC Bike show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. NEC Bike show 
    Popped up to the NEC yesterday to check out the new metal and get some new boots and a back protector for the wife.
    Thought it was much better than the last few years although you can tell the big manufacturers are still watching the pennies.
    Gone are the days of models in lycra handing out freebies that you actually want. These days you're lucky if you get a free pen.
    I did get to test ride the Honda Africa Twin on the off road adventure stand. It was surprisingly nimble for such a big bike.
    (Be warned: if you want to ride anything, they have a zero tolerance for alcohol)
    If you pre pay parking you save £6.
    Bike of the day for me was the CCM Flat tracker although at £10,000 for a bike that only produces 55bhp from a prehistoric bmw single is a bit much. Luckily they're all sold out so I can't be tempted.
    Managed to save £50 on some Alpinestars SMX plus boots and £30 on a Knox back protector so all in all t'was a good day.
    Attached Images

Thanks WB, I'm going on Wednesday in the van with my lad, hoping for some kit bargains (new helmet for him, jacket for his girfriend, some winter gloves for me to replace the ones he borrowed!) + service bits and bobs, coupe of optimisers, cleaning fluid, etc.
    Glad you enjoyed the AT, have had mine (DCT) for just over year now and, when I've not ridden it for a while, it always amazes me with just how competent it is in almost every situation. Not done much off raod on it though (dry, easy green lanes only) as it's still a bit of lump and I have road biased tyres on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Thanks WB, I'm going on Wednesday in the van with my lad, hoping for some kit bargains (new helmet for him, jacket for his girfriend, some winter gloves for me to replace the ones he borrowed!) + service bits and bobs, coupe of optimisers, cleaning fluid, etc.
    Glad you enjoyed the AT, have had mine (DCT) for just over year now and, when I've not ridden it for a while, it always amazes me with just how competent it is in almost every situation. Not done much off raod on it though (dry, easy green lanes only) as it's still a bit of lump and I have road biased tyres on it.
    Blimey! Sounds like you'll need the van.
    Be sure to shop around. You'd think that all the stands would be similarly priced but they varied wildly.

I had the chance to ride the DCT but bottled it. I'm not very good at embracing change. Really wish I'd ridden it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Blimey! Sounds like you'll need the van.
    Be sure to shop around. You'd think that all the stands would be similarly priced but they varied wildly.

I had the chance to ride the DCT but bottled it. I'm not very good at embracing change. Really wish I'd ridden it now though.
    If you've got one of those 'ride a mates bike' insurance policies then you can try mine out sometime, doesn't make us mates though : )

If you've got one of those 'ride a mates bike' insurance policies then you can try mine out sometime, doesn't make us mates though
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

If you've got one of those 'ride a mates bike' insurance policies then you can try mine out sometime, doesn't make us mates though : )
    I'm fully comp on any bike so Sounds good to me.
    You can have a go on mine too but riding it means we're best mates forever!

Sounds goid, we are heading up there on Sunday, leave us a few bargains Trev

Loved the show too. Rode up Saturday. Gone was the big 💩 market section of cheap questionable clothing. Brought some BigEar moulded ear plugs and gloves for my battery packs. Didn’t see any stands for cameras though which was disappointing. Yes the CCM Spitfire was great. The Chinese stuff was 💩.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    The Chinese stuff was .
    Virtually everything on the market is Chinese in one way or the other now so it can't all be sh1t.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 20-11-18 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    Loved the show too. Rode up Saturday. Gone was the big 💩 market section of cheap questionable clothing. Brought some BigEar moulded ear plugs and gloves for my battery packs. Didn’t see any stands for cameras though which was disappointing. Yes the CCM Spitfire was great. The Chinese stuff was 💩.
    I recently bought the new gopro hero to go snorkelling with. The qualty is fantastic and it is waterproof up to 10m or 30m with the housing.
    The only downside is the touch screen is fiddly and the battery life isn't great.