Notices

Thread: Near miss - brown trousers - Calne

1. Near miss - brown trousers - Calne 
    A range rover stopped to turn right onto the devises road from Calne. I was travelling down from Cherhill hill through to Calne. As the vehicle had stopped and waited I thought all was well. But something must have distracted the driver. As I passed they drove into the side of my bike and emergency stopped an inch away. Square onto the side of me. Would have been a perfect shot on the sides of me. It really shocked them as they stayed in this position for a while. I didn’t even get chance to brake. I was doing about 30 as it was dark and thought I would be careful!
    Even if you think your safe you’re not! I think they must have been looking at satnav/phone and when they looked up I was in there A pillar blind spot.. them thinking I had past!!

Fu££in ar&3e and feck to all car drivers !!!

Glad you're ok.
    The A pillar on modern cars are ridiculous these days. I don't own a car but when I borrow the wife's, I always double check and peer either side of it.

Wow, lucky indeed!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    A range rover stopped to turn right onto the devises road from Calne. I was travelling down from Cherhill hill through to Calne. As the vehicle had stopped and waited I thought all was well. But something must have distracted the driver. As I passed they drove into the side of my bike and emergency stopped an inch away. Square onto the side of me. Would have been a perfect shot on the sides of me. It really shocked them as they stayed in this position for a while. I didn’t even get chance to brake. I was doing about 30 as it was dark and thought I would be careful!
    Even if you think your safe you’re not! I think they must have been looking at satnav/phone and when they looked up I was in there A pillar blind spot.. them thinking I had past!!

Fu££in ar&3e and feck to all car drivers !!!
    Kin ell shifty...

Even if you think your safe you’re not!

That's it in a nutshell..

No matter how hard we learn/concentrate and how much we experience/prepare, you never really know what they're gonna do.
    Everything else is shyte

Know how you feel. Had a near miss recently but that was my fault. If you're a cat, you have 8 left.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

It sounds like a yawning cliche. But I was over to the left of the lane and had slowed down. Just as taught in ROSPA. I think that extra space saved me. Although you could argue I wouldn’t have been in the A pillar at that moment !!!!
    In a nutshell in the dark yesterday in a similar situation I sounded my horn just to be sure!!

Self preservation mate, assume nothing. Ive had a few close ones over the years, as I think we all have at some point. I usually try to have a bit of an escape plan. Ive done a couple of days out with Instructors, and Its been all to the good

I am a ROSPA tutor. I slowed down and moved over to the left naturally. Which saved me from being hit and learning that adrenaline is brown.

A pillar is not good. Scares me at times

Quote Originally Posted by Liza Jack View Post
    A pillar is not good. Scares me at times
    Just got to take it steady eh