Notices

Thread: Guy Martin: worlds fastest van?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Guy Martin: worlds fastest van? 
    Did anyone catch this programme on c4 Sunday night? https://www.channel4.com/programmes/...ds-fastest-van
    Really interesting show that follows the same format as all the other "Speed" programmes.
    I think the reason it works so well is the way they explain the technology without dumbing down too much.
    If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth a watch.

with one of the oil pipes to a turbo loose, flames starting around the engine and he still has his foot hard down......

pulls into pit lane and parks next to fuel pumps.

Was well worth a watch, really good programme

Yes good programme, kind of like Top Gear for channel 4.

It was amazing that he went so fast in a transit. All he changed was the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, gearbox, electrics, bodywork and the engine position. Apart from that it was a completely standard van!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    It was amazing that he went so fast in a transit. All he changed was the engine, brakes, suspension, wheels, gearbox, electrics, bodywork and the engine position. Apart from that it was a completely standard van!
    Ah but he did keep his Chelsea boots on .

Platinum Member
    I see he's just released his twelveteenth book in time for Xmas, it's all an act i'm convinced, a very lucrative act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    I see he's just released his twelveteenth book in time for Xmas, it's all an act i'm convinced, a very lucrative act.
    What came across loud and clear in his 2nd book was that he is not a very nice person. And I bet it had been edited down quite a bit too.
    I think you need to get a few TT wins under your belt before you start criticising the likes of John McGuiness.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    What came across loud and clear in his 2nd book was that he is not a very nice person. And I bet it had been edited down quite a bit too.
    I think you need to get a few TT wins under your belt before you start criticising the likes of John McGuiness.
    He told a mate to eff off, in some services up north, when he spotted him and asked for an autograph. I was sold for a while, even buying his first 3 books, though i got bored 5 mins into the 3rd.

Platinum Member
    I can only speak from personal experience but I bumped into him (quite literally) at fleet services about 4 years ago and he seemed a decent enough bloke, he was quite happy to stop and have a quick chat, if anything he seemed quite shy but as he's now been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome that could explain why. I never asked him for his autograph as id read it pees him off.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 07-11-18 at 05:26 PM.