Notices

Thread: Ladies only Bikesafe 2019

1. Ladies only Bikesafe 2019 
    Hi All,

Just putting the feelers out for a ladies only Bikesafe in 2019. This is in addition to the 3 we'll be listing soon through the Bikesafe site.

The rationale behind this initiative is that we were getting requests from some females who felt that they would be embarrassed or feel generally uneasy in a room full of males.

I'm open to suggestions and will list the date on this forum before it goes out to the general public.

Usual booking fee of £35 per rider plus as much tea, coffee and biscuits that you can consume, that goes for the boys ones too.

cheers Budgie

Highly recommend this to anyone. I've done it a couple of times in the past and it is well worth it.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I've been in touch with HQ, the ladies only event is pencilled in f9r 28th July. It hasn't been published yet, but if you are interested or know someone that may be, contact bikesafe direct and specifically request the ladies event. Hope to see some of you there.

Free tea, coffee and biscuits, and representatives of IAM and Rospa will be popping along.

Cheers Budgie

What do these days entail?...

So essentially, Bikesafe was introduced throughout most police forces as an initiative to reduce serious and fatal road traffic collisions concerning Motorcyclists. Working in partnership with other agencies including the Institute of Advanced Motorists and the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents in addition to other providers.

Its primary role is to educate and offer a stepping stone to taking on further training with some of the above agencies, alternatively, you might get something out of the day that you particularly identify as a hurdle to your riding and we may offer some pointers to remedy these issues. It is not an alternative to taking on a proper advanced course, but it might get you thinking a bit about any limitations you may have and how to address them.

The day starts at 0900 and consists of a classroom based morning input from me, during which time we speak about the major causation factors concerning collisions and how we as motorcyclists can adapt our riding to consider the actions of other road users. In addition to this, we talk about topics such as principles of cornering, overtaking, filtering, group riding etc. We can also discuss any number of other subjects regarding motorcycling such as night riding, Micro climates and the list goes on.

In the afternoon, you will be matched up with another rider of similar experience and then given a police motorcyclist who will take you for a 3 hours practical assessed ride where you can speak openly about your concerns and the police biker can offer pointers as to how you can address those issues. During the ride you'll swap out with the other rider and discussing what is seen, the officer will then give me a report of your progress with positive areas and developmental areas to address. I'll forward you a copy after you've read through the report and offer some further advice if required. This advice and contact is for as long as you request it, so in 3 years time when you have an issue, I'll happily discuss what's required to get you back on track or suggest that further 1 to 1 training may be helpful.

I'm sure members of this forum would give you their feedback, and if you Google Bikesafe review, you'll get a taste of other bikers impressions of their day. I'm leading the initiative to have a ladies only event as some females feel intimidated with a mixed group. Currently priced at £35 for the day, it's not for profit, obviously and I do it on my days off to promote road safety to like minded riders.

If nothing else you can try to consume £35 worth of tea, coffee and biscuits....

cheers Budgie