Notices

Thread: If it ain't broken......

1. If it ain't broken...... 
    Just taken delivery of my new van.
    This will be my 3rd Transit Custom so I'm very familiar with them. Or so I thought.
    Ford have decided that their excellent dashboard need a change and have replaced it with this cheap monstrosity. Gone is the neat drivers side glove box with usb and 12v socket. Perfect for charging phones out of sight of thieving scumbags. Replaced by a hole.
    The sleek, integrated radio is now a kindle fire superglued to the dash.
    And the dash has gone from something you'd find in a luxury saloon to a big slab of plastic that I can only just see over.
    I fear they spent so much trying to meet the euro 6 emissions they had to cut corners on the rest of it.
    At least I'm doing my bit for the planet. You're welcome.
    Attached Images

Sill looks good. we have had to go from Customs to Vitos for our fleet, no one prefers the merc

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Sill looks good. we have had to go from Customs to Vitos for our fleet, no one prefers the merc
    I had a Vito a few years ago after getting frustrated with the rust and reliability problems of transits. Worst van I've ever had.
    It was just as rusty and unreliable but cost twice as much to fix because it was a Merc.