Notices

Thread: Back to my yoof...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Back to my yoof... 
    Who had a 250 stroker back in the 70's?
    Fun times..
    Click the pic for a short film ...
    Last edited by Toph; 23-10-18 at 06:51 AM.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Had one in the 60 s...

I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Platinum Member
    I had one of these in the 70s

i remember these, me and my mates used to take off the baby bit and strap boards to the undercarriage and use them to hurtle down hill as some sort of tobogan. roads, grassy bits it never mattered as there weren't much traffic about in the 60's n 70's

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    I had one of these in the 70s

Had a few X7's (got another one now complete with Microns & K&N's), a couple of LC's 250's and a 350, also had an old 'round tank' RD350 air cooled yam which was a nice bike. My Dad had a GT380 which I 'borrowed' a few times and also had a few 2 stroke singles, mainly trail bikes such as DT175, KDX200, PE400 but also an 'interesting' CZ250 single with twin exhaust ports and a gear leverl/kickstart/clutch combo thingy that wasn't much good at either.
    Gotta love a two stroke ; )

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    i remember these, me and my mates used to take off the baby bit and strap boards to the undercarriage and use them to hurtle down hill as some sort of tobogan. roads, grassy bits it never mattered as there weren't much traffic about in the 60's n 70's
    I was still being pushed around in one by my mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    I was still being pushed around in one by my mum.

never had any 250 strokers, went from a fizzy to a 4 stroke kwacker z250
    rd250's were all the rage as well, my mate was forever forgetting to top up the 2 stroke on his rd and seizing the engine, but usually a shot of oil down the barrel and a bump start got it going again, another mate got a mz250 a fact that we remind him of to his annoyance to this day some 40 odd years on lol
    i still dont think you can beat the smell of good ol' castrol r in the mornings tho

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Had a few X7's (got another one now complete with Microns & K&N's), a couple of LC's 250's and a 350, also had an old 'round tank' RD350 air cooled yam which was a nice bike. My Dad had a GT380 which I 'borrowed' a few times and also had a few 2 stroke singles, mainly trail bikes such as DT175, KDX200, PE400 but also an 'interesting' CZ250 single with twin exhaust ports and a gear leverl/kickstart/clutch combo thingy that wasn't much good at either.
    Gotta love a two stroke ; )
    Last edited by Trev_P; 24-10-18 at 08:07 AM.

Platinum Member
    I did have one of these in the early 90s though, a puch maxi luxe. In fact it it was my 1st motorbike and gave me my 1st taste of 2 wheeled fun.
    It wasn't actually a bad bike once I took the shopping baskets of and it did 35mph (or the speedo said it did anyway).
    In a spooky bit of coincidence 25 years later I won an eBay auction for a car and when I went to collect it the old boy selling it was the same bloke I'd bought the puch from 25 years before.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 23-10-18 at 12:15 PM.

If MZ's count - yes. They should do as they are the cream of bikes. Still have one among the others in the garage.