for those not in the know, the latest European fuel directive has decided that if you need to fill up your car with fuel the labelling needs to be clearer!!

out will be going unleaded , blei frei, sans plomb, diesel, 95, 98 or any other markings and in future new cars will have choices to make. these choices will be reflected

on the pumps to make it easier. original naming eventually going the way of two and four star or even three star as I used to pump years ago.

the new labelling will show the percentage of ethanol in petrol or the bio percentages in diesel.

I have probably discussed the disadvantages of ethanol in petrol that we in the classic car and bike fraternity in the past. but will add my two penneth again, in short, unless specified by your new car manufacturer, to ,maintain warranty, I would always use the lower percentage of ethanol added to petrol ie E5. I know what damage its done to my bikes fuel systems.

here follows the latest from the EU

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release...18-6102_en.htm

caveat, I am expressing my opinion and have no connections with fuel companies other than buying their products as needed. my opinion is just that, my opinion. I know the damage it has done adding ethanol to my bikes and having to work on others also from talking to members of classic car clubs locally. so therefore will use petrol additives or octane boosters.

this was written to inform those not in the know while travelling in future other opinions are just that other peoples opinions.