Notices

Thread: New Way to Die

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. New Way to Die 
    Just beginning to get some confidence back when...

Ashton by pass ( A 370 ) into Bristol, drifting down the outside lane and closing on 2 cars on the inside lane. The front one of these suddenly tries a u-turn, can't get into the outbound carriageway and ends uip broadside and stationary across one and a half lanes. Frightened me sick.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Sh*t, sounds like they are out to get you lately!!

take care out there
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

sounds like a typical day in the life of a biker, i do hope you gave them a demonstration of your grasp of expletives lol

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    sounds like a typical day in the life of a biker, i do hope you gave them a demonstration of your grasp of expletives lol
    I learnt lotsa new words when I took up biking, and hand signals.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Didn't we all
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Just beginning to get some confidence back when...

Ashton by pass ( A 370 ) into Bristol, drifting down the outside lane and closing on 2 cars on the inside lane. The front one of these suddenly tries a u-turn, can't get into the outbound carriageway and ends uip broadside and stationary across one and a half lanes. Frightened me sick.

Sounds frightening. Why couldn’t they wait for a roundabout? Sounds like you left youself good space. I’m paranoid about drivers when on the bike, always feel invisible to them and cover the lights, horn and front break when passing/passing junctions. Just don’t want them to pull out into me.

most car drivers only drive the bonnet, nothing else on the road exists, as for feeling invisible to them - thats because you are. it's one reason i like to have exhausts that can be heard coz if they cant see you they can hear you (well most of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Sounds frightening. Why couldn’t they wait for a roundabout? Sounds like you left youself good space. I’m paranoid about drivers when on the bike, always feel invisible to them and cover the lights, horn and front break when passing/passing junctions. Just don’t want them to pull out into me.

Platinum Member
    I went though a safety man stage a year or so ago and wore a high viz helmet, jacket and gloves, made no difference whatsoever, it just gave me something to point at angrily when people tried to kill me.
    Now I just have high viz cameras front and back on the bikes and that seems quite effective which shows that 99% of the time it's not that they don't see you, it's that they don't give a toss.