Notices

Thread: What are you driving?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    I've just ordered a new Transit Custom LTD.
    Comes with Air con, heated seats, hands free, DAB radio, cruise control, alloys, auto lights and wipers and knows when there's a trailer attached so adjusts the engine, suspension and braking.
    I remember how chuffed I was the first time I had a van with power steering!

Soo jealous
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

My daily drive is a VW T5 van - I rationalised a few years back from having both a car and a van (a Fiat Ducato that swallowed stuff like a TARDIS but struggled to return more than 28mpg and didn't get used very often) so I went for a T5 that will do the job of both car and Van. Originally a panel van, it had a Kombi conversion with a pair of easily-removable rear seats and crew cab windows fitted to the door and behind the driver's seat. After the capacious Ducato this one takes a bit of thought to load up with all the stuff necessary for a double trackday at Cadwell. The crew cab windows preclude strapping a bike into the corner behind the bulkhead as handlebar ends and windows are not a good match, so a wheel chock is necessary to stand the bike up and as a result the interior space is not as efficiently used. It drives like a big car, the visibility is fine and it's practical for lugging heaps of stuff (or bikes) around - Two off-roaders, Jerry cans, kit bags and stuff for a forthcoming trip to the Spanish Pyrenees were transported with ease on Sunday. I've owned a van since 2004 and I'd be lost without the versatility and convenience to just chuck a load of stuff or a bike in the back for transport somewhere.

Chicky drives a Peugeot 107 that's an ace town car and is super economical, but it has the carrying capacity of a medium-sized handbag and isn't very comfortable on long journeys.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    My daily drive is a VW T5 van - I rationalised a few years back from having both a car and a van (a Fiat Ducato that swallowed stuff like a TARDIS but struggled to return more than 28mpg and didn't get used very often) so I went for a T5 that will do the job of both car and Van. Originally a panel van, it had a Kombi conversion with a pair of easily-removable rear seats and crew cab windows fitted to the door and behind the driver's seat. After the capacious Ducato this one takes a bit of thought to load up with all the stuff necessary for a double trackday at Cadwell. The crew cab windows preclude strapping a bike into the corner behind the bulkhead as handlebar ends and windows are not a good match, so a wheel chock is necessary to stand the bike up and as a result the interior space is not as efficiently used. It drives like a big car, the visibility is fine and it's practical for lugging heaps of stuff (or bikes) around - Two off-roaders, Jerry cans, kit bags and stuff for a forthcoming trip to the Spanish Pyrenees were transported with ease on Sunday. I've owned a van since 2004 and I'd be lost without the versatility and convenience to just chuck a load of stuff or a bike in the back for transport somewhere.

Chicky drives a Peugeot 107 that's an ace town car and is super economical, but it has the carrying capacity of a medium-sized handbag and isn't very comfortable on long journeys.
    My mum has a T5 camper, she runs a campsite in the summer. It's very nice. Seem's almost everyone on here drives Vans! Wiltshire Builders - That's got more features than my Jag, sounds sweet, didn't realise heated seats were even an option on vans. Nice.

Mitch... get a jag

Wotta loada wiiiimps.

Vacuum wipers, no heaters whatsoever and no synchro on first in my day.

Had a cork stuck in the carb attached to a piece of string in the cab. Warm it up, pull the string, cork came out.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post

Mitch... get a jag
    Needs to be high up for the preferred driving position, capable of taking 3 kids and 2 dogs, not sure I can run to an F-Pace ��

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Wotta loada wiiiimps.

Had a cork stuck in the carb attached to a piece of string in the cab. Warm it up, pull the string, cork came out.
    Fiat still use that now

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Wotta loada wiiiimps.

Yes, those certainly were the days. Now we have things like brakes!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”