Notices

Thread: What are you driving?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. What are you driving? 
    I love my bike, and if I could, I’d ride everywhere, but sometimes, you might have passengers or have to arrive in ironed clothes and you have to drive :/. It’s not as fun and your likely to sit in traffic having spent all the corners lent the wrong way. But if you have to do this and drive a car.. I’m curious, what are people driving that they rate? I just got a jag x-type knowing it may be unreliable thinking while I’m sat in traffic at least I’ll be comfy with a nice stereo going. By then end of the first week with it I have an engine light on because of the turbo controller and am hoping, it’ll last more then 1 week let alone the two/three years I thought suitable give it’s an 06 based on a mondeo 2.2 diesel. Anyway, it’s gonna get repaired, what have you driven you liked/would get again? Cheers

We have a 2 litre Fiat Scudo van which flies! Love driving it, you can see far more being sat higher and intimidate car drivers! lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

W Reg (2000) 1.6 Clio. Cost a pittance, had only done 30k miles when I got it and was owned from new by an old lady. It's crap but it's immacualte crap that should do a few years with absolutely no love or attention before the wheels fall off and I weigh it in.

I have a 20 year old 1.1 Honda. Two of the wheels are missing but it still will manage 69 mph
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    I've got a 2006 Kia carens 2L, not a bad car and does everything I need. I did have a jacked up landrover but iv got an old Rottweiler who weighs 9st, he is my absolute baby but his back legs are going and he needed lifting in and out of it, in the end my back convinced me I needed a car with lower doors .

My every day driver is a BMW i3, hardly any company car BIK tax, great performance and very nice interior, from the outside it's looks are a bit Marmite : (

Also have a nice van, new Citreen Dispatch 2.0 auto with all the gizmos (sat nav, radar cruise, etc), which we use for regular trips to Cornwall and have also done Scotland last year and 3k miles on our mini European road trip this year. Comfy, quick, loads of room for kit and of course a bike in the back ; ) I'm with BB, love th high driving position and actually prefer it to driving a car for most trips.

i3's look like the future. Very nice.

Larry, that sounds like a blackbird...do you mean 169mph?

Roy, my wife had a Kia Picanto as her first car, sounds like alot of car for the money. We never had any bother with the Picanto, seemed well put together.

WR6133, 30k miles is nothing, sounds a good buy.

I get the joy of a high up seating position, don't get dazzled at night, lots of boot space.. I was looking at Mazda Bongo's/Transit or a VW T4. I get that the high up position is nice. We had a T25 camper when i was a kid nick named 'the big green mean machine'. Loved it. Though at the opposite end, I used to have an MX-5 which was nice and low and great fun down the lanes. Don't think I really got places much quicker, but it was very nimble and fun. A friend of mine had a lowered Mx-5 and your eye-line was basically with everyone else's licence plates though.

Currently very much enjoying the X-type. There's quite a following in the X-type forums, and quite alot of discussion on common faults in facebook groups :S. Working well for commuting and feels like it'll be a very comfy motorway cruiser when visiting family. Getting the Turbo Actuator replaced tomorrow and then fingers crossed for MOT in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Larry, that sounds like a blackbird...do you mean 169mph?
    TMI - Hope your pupils appreciate your lateral thinking
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Me-Zafira Gsi, my 3rd one, like the flexibility of the car, high driving position, with a mild bit of poke from the noisy bit. It will be going soon though, as I'm changing jobs and need a company car

Mrs M-Pug 206cc, horrible car for me, she likes, but is swapping for a Mini convertible in the next few weeks.

I've just ordered a new Transit Custom LTD.
    Comes with Air con, heated seats, hands free, DAB radio, cruise control, alloys, auto lights and wipers and knows when there's a trailer attached so adjusts the engine, suspension and braking.
    I remember how chuffed I was the first time I had a van with power steering!