Notices

Thread: Car Crash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Car Crash 
    Commuting to work yesterday, slowing down to join a queue on the A36 Roundabout just before Warminster (southbound) I got into a 4 car pile up. Person 2 cars behind said he looked down at his sat-nav, looked up and saw red lights (too late). He shunted the Fiesta into my Megane, then me on into the Scenic. I was probably shunted a good 2/3car spaces along. Thankfully, everyone walked away. Not alot of fun, 99% sure my car will be a write-off. I don't commute on the bike and could say "well I'd have been filtering if I was on the bike", but really it was completely out of the blue and was not expecting it. Glad I wasn't on the bike when in happened. Car's toast, as for me, just a bit of back ache. Feel bad for the girl behind me, she must have been about 20 and was distraught over what is probably a hire-lease basically brand new ford fiesta which she clearly expected to last alot longer. My main aspiration for the Megane was to get over 200,000 miles (was at 167,000).

I've been given a 3 litre BMW 3 Series as the hire replacement car. 0-60 in 5 seconds, 300bhp. Nice car.

Front.jpgend2.jpgend.jpg

Had a 1.8 BMW around Brand Hatch, lubbly
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Hope your ok and get things sorted out.

Cheers, now trawling ebay for a cheapie diesel... Mondeo Diesel, Citreon C4 Diesel, BMW 320d, Another Megane.... not quite as fun as shopping for a bike.

Chatterbox
    Nasty...
    Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Ouch not good. the hire cars a nice bonus though, every cloud and all that . Glad your ok.

Hope you're fit & healthy this morning. Aches take a while to manifest themselves sometimes.

Nice hire car - how did you wangle that ??
    I only have one vice…I lie.

So, the instigator “looked down at his sat nav”... how long did he take his eyes off the road for to miss an upcoming red light and queuing traffic? His insurance company won’t be pleased with him, forking out for four damaged vehicles, plus PI claims... I don’t want to sound like I’m one of those ambulance-chasing tossers but keep an eye on your sore back and if it persists go and see your GP. Thank heavens that nobody was seriously hurt...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

glad your ok mate, just count your stars you weren't filtering on the bike and pulled into a "space" not sure why the nob thought it necessary to look at his sat nav approching traffic, it would have audibly told him to do whatever. definitely an ID10T error

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Commuting to work yesterday, slowing down to join a queue on the A36 Roundabout just before Warminster (southbound) I got into a 4 car pile up. Person 2 cars behind said he looked down at his sat-nav, looked up and saw red lights (too late). He shunted the Fiesta into my Megane, then me on into the Scenic. I was probably shunted a good 2/3car spaces along. Thankfully, everyone walked away. Not alot of fun, 99% sure my car will be a write-off. I don't commute on the bike and could say "well I'd have been filtering if I was on the bike", but really it was completely out of the blue and was not expecting it. Glad I wasn't on the bike when in happened. Car's toast, as for me, just a bit of back ache. Feel bad for the girl behind me, she must have been about 20 and was distraught over what is probably a hire-lease basically brand new ford fiesta which she clearly expected to last alot longer. My main aspiration for the Megane was to get over 200,000 miles (was at 167,000).

I've been given a 3 litre BMW 3 Series as the hire replacement car. 0-60 in 5 seconds, 300bhp. Nice car.

Front.jpgend2.jpgend.jpg

Glad you are ok and hope not too stiff in the morning.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”