Notices

Thread: Waaaaaayyyyyyyy

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Waaaaaayyyyyyyy 
    Chatterbox
    ??Too cold & cruddy for me today

Anyone putting an extra layer on & having some ?
    Everything else is shyte

Hah, you should have been on the Santa run yesterday. That was pretty fresh and lots of layers required
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Hah, you should have been on the Santa run yesterday. That was pretty fresh and lots of layers required
    Ooh, yeah I bet it was

Brrrrr……
    Everything else is shyte

Agree way too cold and anyway bikes all packed away now for winter hibernation. Roll on spring although that seems ages away, just got to get this Christmas thing out of the way....Bah Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    1st. one that I've missed in 7 years.

Bush telephone says there were c. 950 or so.

1k next year ???
    Last edited by Burbler; 04-12-22 at 06:38 PM.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

I only have one vice…I lie.

My bloody knee is still giving me grief (nearly five months now) so much so that I've really cut back my riding over the last couple of months but couldn't resist getting out on the Himalayan yesterday to clear the cobwebs. Keiss waistcoat, heated grips and michelin man layers pretty much sorted the cold, apart from the wind chill into the open face hat, but the cold greasy roads weren't great on the knobblies. The front Conti TKC80 didn't give me any funny moments but I have to admit that the Maxxis M6006 on the rear isn't the best idea I've had for Winter roads. It's the first time I've ever had the himmy 'spin up' pulling out of a junction, admittedly right at the start of the ride so stone cold but it's nigh on impossible to get the lump to break traction on a muddy green lane so to slide out on tarmac was a whole new experience and not one that filled me with joy.

I only did about an hour and half, all back roads and lanes with a very tentative short ride along a very muddy byeway and probably covered less than thirty miles but it was a great feeling to be out on a bike and I was refreshed and relaxed when I got home. and of course the best bit is that the himmy is a no clean zone so just give the chain a quirt of lube and bung it back in the garage ready for next time. Roll on knee recovery, in the meantime I may admit my error and sort another TKC80 for the rear to give me at least half a chance on Winter roads

Did a ride out with WaBAM on Sunday - up to Dobbies for Tea & Cake. 85 miles in total and that was enough - way too cold really.

Missed out on the Santa Run - was planning too, but had things to do and I was just feeling the cold too much last week that I gave it a miss this year. Will try for next year.

Pete

Chatterbox
    Looks like the icey snap will pass at the weekend, Yay !

Then we get to ride around in the wet, Yay !

Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Looks like the icey snap will pass at the weekend, Yay !

Then we get to ride around in the wet, Yay !

Can't wait!

Has anyone been riding this last week?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”