Notices

Thread: Black & Blue - and orange and red - and Yellow

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Was thinking lucky escape till I saw the price of a side panel. I'd be tempted to remove the other one, leave the nose and bellypan and run it like that, don't think it would look to bad like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    In all seriousness to my (very) untrained eye it don't look too bad, handlebars frame and exhaust all look straight, and engine bits are just bolt on. The worst seems to be the fairing. I hate to say it but is it Street fighter time?
    I would agree it looks like she has held up quite well, hopefully you can get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Was thinking lucky escape till I saw the price of a side panel.
    Indeed - not made any more. The fairing is (was) worth more than the bike.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Indeed - not made any more. The fairing is (was) worth more than the bike.
    It's the same with my trophys fairing, hence the reason when I almost dropped it at stand still I braced myself and popped my knee cartilage rather than let it go down. The NHS paid to repair that but they wouldn't have paid to fix the bike lol.

Chatterbox
    I agree with t'others, it doesn't look too bad to me.

Chinese stuff, copy plastics, is an option if you want to keep the original look.

That is, if you can get stuff for your bike, and if you can 'fit' them, easier said than done by all accounts, and paint etc.
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Chinese stuff, copy plastics, is an option if you want to keep the original look.
    Had a look on Taobao (Chinese eBay type thing), Burbler is out of luck there they don't appear to do them (only results for that bike is a 1:18 diecast https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=20#detail ).

I have some gutter glue, some fibreglass and resin, a hot plastic gun and some little sheets of 0.5 mm plastic.

Insurance runs out in Sept. so will prob sorn it. Need to put me back together first.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    I have some gutter glue, some fibreglass and resin, a hot plastic gun and some little sheets of 0.5 mm plastic.
    For cracks, refixing lugs (or even making lugs) womens acrylic nail filler/powder is the best stuff https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...8AAOSwv7da6yij (skulk about on ebay for cheaper deals on bigger packs of clear stuff).

It is also sold as Plastech ( http://www.plastex.net/ ) which is the exact same stuff with a massive markup on price.

I've used it to repair massive cracks, reattach entire pieces of plastic and make + stick on new lugs. With a bit of care/practice the repair is completely invisible after paint and as strong as original.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    For cracks, refixing lugs (or even making lugs) womens acrylic nail filler/powder is the best stuff https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...8AAOSwv7da6yij (skulk about on ebay for cheaper deals on bigger packs of clear stuff).

It is also sold as Plastech ( http://www.plastex.net/ ) which is the exact same stuff with a massive markup on price.

I've used it to repair massive cracks, reattach entire pieces of plastic and make + stick on new lugs. With a bit of care/practice the repair is completely invisible after paint and as strong as original.
    Remind me not to buy anything faired from you! lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    If you have all the bits maybe invest in a plastic welding heatgun kit (around £80). I put the fairing back together on my thundercat by welding it with a soldering iron and melted cable ties then rubbing it down and respraying it and the finish wasn't bad at all. The heatgun kit will do the same job but will be easier and the finish better.