Notices

Thread: CSI (Crash Scene Info)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    As the days go by, I am considering not getting back on the horse.[/QUOTE]

You will miss it too much. Don't get on a horse in case thats what left the mess on the road. At least try it before making any decision.

Yeah Daz. I will miss it. Been on and off a bike since 1964.

Been 'worried' b4 but this was SCARY

Tiger Cub, 350 Norton, 750 Connie and an 88 Dommie

This incident has put me on the back foot. The yellow peril has become like a faithful dog.

Small consolation sat on the road in the shape of a 1137 Bird. Need sleep.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

...and wine

Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear lever ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.
    Last edited by Burbler; 09-08-18 at 01:22 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear level ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.
    Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?
    Oooo ! Pics. Never thought of that.

Luckily, I have another on stripped and in the cellar. Can sort the bent cockpit frame, water pump and most of fairing. Need to get it out of gear, fill it up with coolant
    and run it for a while.

Trouble is I'm still quite uncomfortable around the ribs and right wrist. Will need to do little bits at a time. No rush, I couldn't possibly ride for a while anyway.

Pics taken - have coffee - now to work out how to get them out of camera and onto computer.

Reading your thread reminded me of mine. Rounded a perfect corner a few weeks ago and the MTS front washed out. No warning. Massive amounts of grit in road. This was in France. Gave insurer pictures of the gravel road but they wouldn’t declare it as a no fault accident.
    Written off. I won’t buy another adventure bike as CO Gravity is too high and front to light with panniers full. Only bike in 26 years that would snap the front end out.
    Gone back to a lower sports type bike, having always managed to save, slide on ice and mud in the years of riding.

Hi Larry, It was good to see you out on the rideout today, still can believe how much the panels were to repair your bike. Someone is making a good profit on those panels, have to say it looked good would not have thought anything had happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Hi Larry, It was good to see you out on the rideout today, still can believe how much the panels were to repair your bike. Someone is making a good profit on those panels, have to say it looked good would not have thought anything had happened to it.
    Simple supply and demand - no supply. Were never many of that model sold and it was 17 yrs ago. Spares not made any more for some while now.