Notices

Thread: CSI (Crash Scene Info)

Hybrid View

if you can prove there was muck on the road you may have recourse against the farm in the same way you would if suds were in the road from someone washing their car caused you to have an off

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Several have suggested **** on the road. I was out of it at the time and had not much interest.

However, I have had a look on Ggl and there is a farm exit in exactly that place.

soc03.jpg

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    if you can prove there was muck on the road you may have recourse against the farm in the same way you would if suds were in the road from someone washing their car caused you to have an off
    On paper yes but I doubt you would have any luck proven it in court or even getting your insurance company to make a claim. I know two blokes that had offs that were directly caused by mud left on the road(one was a by farm and the other a building site), one was even on camera, nether of their insurance company's were even slightly interested in taking action on their behalf.

Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear lever ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.
    Last edited by Burbler; 09-08-18 at 01:22 PM.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Bike now recovered to my house. Managed to get it onto the centre stand (with a little help) and removed battery.

Seems to be stuck in gear. L foot peg and gear level ripped off. Pillion pod cracked. Somehow brake pedal jammed on the other side, bit weird that.

That's enough exercise for today.
    Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Strange things happen when a bikes bouncing down the tarmac on its side, would you say it's realistically repairable? Got any pics?
    Oooo ! Pics. Never thought of that.

Luckily, I have another on stripped and in the cellar. Can sort the bent cockpit frame, water pump and most of fairing. Need to get it out of gear, fill it up with coolant
    and run it for a while.

Trouble is I'm still quite uncomfortable around the ribs and right wrist. Will need to do little bits at a time. No rush, I couldn't possibly ride for a while anyway.

Pics taken - have coffee - now to work out how to get them out of camera and onto computer.