Notices

Thread: Budget Bikes Swindon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    fuel problems, gone off maybe needs a carb clean as ....well, plenty of write ups about ethanol.
    ZZR6's Ive had needed to change filter in fuel cut off valves on each carb comes with new orings to stop overfuelling.

ZZR Update:

After going through all the components that WR6133 suggested nothing stood out so in it went to GP Auto's in Cricklade. now bear in mind when I bought it, it had Service paperwork stating the Carbs had been cleaned etc.

faults found:
    Pilot Jets and Pilot fuelways blocked, mixtures were lean and Carbs out of balance also float bowls and carbs were green with fuel residue
    So they cleaned everything including the carb slides and diaphrams, sorted the jets etc balanced carbs and checked everything for leaks.

Bike now runs like new so it will make an appearance on a rideout.
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    ZZR Update:

After going through all the components that WR6133 suggested nothing stood out so in it went to GP Auto's in Cricklade. now bear in mind when I bought it, it had Service paperwork stating the Carbs had been cleaned etc.

faults found:
    Pilot Jets and Pilot fuelways blocked, mixtures were lean and Carbs out of balance also float bowls and carbs were green with fuel residue
    So they cleaned everything including the carb slides and diaphrams, sorted the jets etc balanced carbs and checked everything for leaks.

Glad you got it sorted out.
    To be honest I take service history with a pinch of salt as just about anything can be printed of online,
    I go more on what it sounds and rides like on the day I view it.
    The way I look at it I'd rather buy a bike with no history that rides well than a bike with full history that don't.
    At the end of the day a bike could have full service history but could have spent its life being thrashed around a track in which case the history means jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post

Result, so very good to hear
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    To be honest I take service history with a pinch of salt as just about anything can be printed of online,
    I go more on what it sounds and rides like on the day I view it.
    The way I look at it I'd rather buy a bike with no history that rides well than a bike with full history that don't.
    At the end of the day a bike could have full service history but could have spent its life being thrashed around a track in which case the history means jack.
    Quite agree fella, when i test rode it and on the ride home through town it never showed any problems until i took it out for a proper shakedown a week later but when they actually supply paperwork, not the service book, stating they have done something but obviously didn't that's telling fibs

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Result, so very good to hear
    Cheers matey, I can honestly recommend the guys at GP Auto's they nailed it within a day. They are all ex main dealer lads who had enough of main dealers so branched out on their own

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

Glad to hear it's sorted, sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase fault finding, I took the stated carb service at face value. Still now you also know your fuel system and ignition system is spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Glad to hear it's sorted, sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase fault finding, I took the stated carb service at face value. Still now you also know your fuel system and ignition system is spot on!
    it was a valid call Chris, it could of turned out to any one of the things on the fault finding trail

Glad you have it sorted.