Notices

Thread: Budget Bikes Swindon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev_P View Post
    so Budget Bikes = Avoid
    Not so much avoid, more if you do see a bike there you want then go into the sale with your eyes wide open knowing your paying premium prices for non-premium bikes and that their not renowned for standing by their responsibilities as a trader regarding warrantys ETC if something fails on the bike.

Our old mate Mikkie86, who was a stalwart of WB, used to run the Blade Trade Centre, and Budget Bikes would take the bikes that he wouldn't touch. 'Nuff said.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

I would definitely go for private seller for this type/age of bike, you won't be looking at huge amount of cash and there's a chance of getting a real gem. Bear in mind that some of the earlier Jap sportsbikes are getting more popular so you may actually get a newer bike for the same money if you set the ebay filters right, the trick is to get something before the motorcycle journalists get all dewey eyed about them.

Burblers Blackbird would be worth a look if in the right price bracket for you

now why would i want 2 Blackbirds in the garage

gonna scour the private and dealer ads, i've got about 6 months so no hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I would definitely go for private seller for this type/age of bike, you won't be looking at huge amount of cash and there's a chance of getting a real gem. Bear in mind that some of the earlier Jap sportsbikes are getting more popular so you may actually get a newer bike for the same money if you set the ebay filters right, the trick is to get something before the motorcycle journalists get all dewey eyed about them.

Burblers Blackbird would be worth a look if in the right price bracket for you

kawasaki zzr600 1997 on.
    Out of curiosity why '97? E model was '93, adjustable forks (only worthwhile change on the entire production run) was '95.

Here's mine (2004 E12), I used to have a '91 400K as well with a 600D motor shoved in it.

i assumed that '97 on had the adjustable forks, fuel gauge, digi clock with new dash layout. and you know what they say about assuming

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Out of curiosity why '97? E model was '93, adjustable forks (only worthwhile change on the entire production run) was '95.

Here's mine (2004 E12), I used to have a '91 400K as well with a 600D motor shoved in it.

i assumed that '97 on had the adjustable forks, fuel gauge, digi clock with new dash layout. and you know what they say about assuming
    Far as I know

'93 E model
    '95 Adjustable forks
    Unsure on Digital clock maybe that was '97.
    All E models have the fuel gauge.
    I think it was 2001 or 2002 the exhaust went stainless

Looked at Budget bikes ZZR listings. They are asking too much, what they want for a mid '90's E model is a lot more than I paid for the one above. It's not a rare bike, good ones come up frequently.
    Last edited by WR6133; 01-08-18 at 09:26 PM.

happy to wait for a good'n as i have only mentally made room in the garage, physically making room starts autumn unless a ZZR comes up lol. my old ZZR was a 90/91 pre ram air model a "D" i think and fuel lights instead of a guage. the lights used to come on as soon as you used a sniff of fuel, i used to find it damn annoying. heres the old girl
    ZZR 600_01.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Far as I know

'93 E model
    '95 Adjustable forks
    Unsure on Digital clock maybe that was '97.
    All E models have the fuel gauge.
    I think it was 2001 or 2002 the exhaust went stainless

Looked at Budget bikes ZZR listings. They are asking too much, what they want for a mid '90's E model is a lot more than I paid for the one above. It's not a rare bike, good ones come up frequently.

heres the old girl
    ZZR 600_01.jpg
    My 400K was the same colour scheme

After multiple crashes (you can't kill a ZZR) & rebuilds, a 600D motor, new fairings, nissin calipers and a new shock.

Whatever you end up getting I'd then budget a rear shock in to it, even in good condition the stock shock was crap (the 14k mile shock on my 04 I literally threw in the bin), £240 on a YSS rear shock totally transforms the bikes handling.

any zzr 600 pre 2000 will probably need carb diaphragms as well, Ive worked on 3 and all the same ,also the small filters in the carbs get blocked.
    my youngest had his eye on a budget bikes item, we made sure owner was there to take his up to trade in, the owner wasn't there and away. made another appointment he was at home. waited half hour and he turned up. then he found faults with our bike. we then asked to look at the one we were interested in, he then said it wasn't there, his mate was using it. had to wait another hour for his mate to turn up with said item. it was in a worse state than the one we wanted to trade in.
    best to ask around, our local van rental owner had a very tidy ZZR1100 with panniers for sale at a reasonable price, as usual Caveat Emptor, buyer beware!!