Notices

Thread: What are you watching? (Film fans)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Really good film. Love or hate Queen, you can't deny they made some bangerz!
    Saw it today, really good. made me laugh, made me cry. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

After much research (that's re SEARCH not REEEEEEsearch), I have reached the conclusion that the my last visit to a cinema was 'The Last Boy Scout (1995).
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Really good film. Love or hate Queen, you can't deny they made some bangerz!
    Great film, despite never being a Queen fan, and also great to sit in comfort at Chippenham cinema, and no fusty smell

Just watched the 2013 version of Judge Dredd, better than the stallone one, definitely my sort of film

Watched sicario 2 on Sunday. Very good film.
    American mercenary (Josh Brolin) is hired by American military official (Mathew Modine) to start in fighting amongst the cartels.
    Brolin recruits an ex-lawyer turned vigilante (Benicio Del Toro) who has waged a 1 man war against the cartels after they murdered his family.
    I've never been sure about Benicio Del Toro. It sometimes feels as though he's wandered onto a set and the director has thought "f#ck it, he'll do"
    But in this he's excellent as everyone else and you will find yourself thinking "what's he been in?" Quite a lot.
    It's a violent, thought provoking film so if that's your thing it's worth a watch.

I should say, there are many good films mentioned here. Being on the quarantine, I installed Cinema HD on Amazon FireTV in order to watch movies and tv shows. So, I was looking for the good films to watch in the evening, and found this topic. Thanks a lot, guys! And I want to add my two cents. I really liked Cold Mountain and Philadelphia (Tom Hanks is one of the best actors for me).
    Last edited by Kevin; 06-08-20 at 05:44 PM.

Chatterbox
    I watched 3 Billboards on the box last Saturday.
    I’d seen it at the flicks previously & loved it.
    If you catch it, watch it
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    I watched 3 Billboards on the box last Saturday.
    I’d seen it at the flicks previously & loved it.
    If you catch it, watch it
    +1

£ Billboards is one of the best films released in the last few years - IMHO. Superb performances from so many of the actors

Film 4 have good films on at 21:00 normally and I scan the listings every week to select films to record. Some films haven't aged well at all; Funeral in Berlin was particularly dated and hard work to watch, despite being a "classic". 3 Billboards was excellent stuff, and last night we watched another all-time classic; the Blues Brothers.

"The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year"
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Chatterbox
    Me too Scotty,
    What a great movie
    Everything else is shyte