Notices

Thread: Moving from a 600cc to a 1000cc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for all your comments and advice guys but im gonna stick with my zx6r for a few more years .although i do like the rsv 1000 mille i probally wont be able to handle it lol 😕

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    If your not so keen now on the Aprillia have you considered a ss100 brough superior? Though you may need to take out a mortgage, it will probably go up in value and is also a 1000cc v-twin... http://www.motocorsa.co.uk/brough_superior_range.php £60,000 ... tempted?

too many zero's? lol
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by LucasZxr600 View Post
    Thanks for all your comments and advice guys but im gonna stick with my zx6r for a few more years .although i do like the rsv 1000 mille i probally wont be able to handle it lol 
    The throttle works both ways
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    I rode an R1 3 days after passing my test and a hayabusa the following month and I'm pretty certain I survived, why? Because I respected the bike and didnt just expect to jump on and ride like foggy. My 1st bike after passing my test was a Kawasaki z750 (I'd never owned a bike before taking my test) and 2nd bike was a zzr1100, I used my brain, didn't ride like a loon (not a complete loon anyway) and all was good in the world as I learned to ride a powerful bike.

All that said Iv owned a lot of bikes (ALOT) and having riden both 1000cc+ and 600cc I have to say the 6s in general were more fun bikes to ride as you had to really ride them whereas with the liters you just open the throttle and everything gets blurry and fast.

What I think I'm saying in a long winded and protacted way is don't expect to have more fun just because your on a litre bike but at the same time don't be worried about riding one as long as you don't ride faster than your current skill set.

Rule number 1: Your right hand controls the speed NOT the bike.

Very true 😊

My first bike after 35 years of abstinence was a 12 y.o.Honda CB 500 S which cost £750.

It could do 110 mph, 0-60 just over 4 secs and (after putting on a +2 front sprocket) was happy all day at m-way speeds.

When I swapped for the 955i, whilst being bigger, heavier, faster etc. the transition was seamless. No problem whatsoever.

It's all in the ass and the right wrist.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Addendum...dum, dum...Dum, Dum...

My very first ride on the yellow peril was from the seller, in S. Wales, back to Bristol.

High winds, horizontal rain and over the Severn Bridge. Baptism of fire, but it worked.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

I returned to biking back in 2011 taking the direct access route, first bike was an R6 then another R6, followed by an BMW S1000rr. Now on a KTM Supreduke 1290, biggest difference for me was moving from inline 4 to the V twin. SO much engine braking and throttle control in the bends on the V Twin.
    Like others have said you control the throttle, you will know when it feels right to move from 600 to 1000. The difference for me between the R6 and S1000rr, the 600 was more high revving and the S1000rr felt smoother for whats its worth.

One is not better than the other. My advice is think about what you want.

I love riding the 10bhp tiger cub through the lanes, far more fun than the Crosstourer. However for touring, I know which I would use!

One of the best fun rides I have done in recent years was riding the G650GS two up on the west bay run! Massively under powered but hilarious to ride and very involving.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"