Notices

Thread: Moving from a 600cc to a 1000cc

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by njl View Post
    As you mentioned the RSV as a target, I will add to the topic that a twin tends to ride quite differently to an inline 4, my take on the differences is that the crazy top end power that a 4 gives up the rev range isn't there in the same way from a v twin but you do have lots of lower down torque to play with instead.
    I can't believe it's taken 2 pages before someone pointed it out.
    As said above, the main noticable difference between your current bike and the RSV is the cylinders. A twin feels lazier and less frantic than an in line 4 and is easier to hold a neutral throttle because there's less power surge.
    Similar to the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke motocross bike.
    If you do go for a Mille, get the Factory. I road one around the Isle of Man and it was smoother than a Cashmere Codpiece.
    They're really good value for money and as a result seem to be the track day weapon of choice.

My first bike after 35 years of abstinence was a 12 y.o.Honda CB 500 S which cost £750.

It could do 110 mph, 0-60 just over 4 secs and (after putting on a +2 front sprocket) was happy all day at m-way speeds.

When I swapped for the 955i, whilst being bigger, heavier, faster etc. the transition was seamless. No problem whatsoever.

It's all in the ass and the right wrist.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Addendum...dum, dum...Dum, Dum...

My very first ride on the yellow peril was from the seller, in S. Wales, back to Bristol.

High winds, horizontal rain and over the Severn Bridge. Baptism of fire, but it worked.
    I only have one vice…I lie.